Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sexual assult/rape. Could be triggering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, well a few weeks ago i was sexually assulted but people call it rape but to me it sounds less frightening. I contacted the police today about it, they are sending an officer round to me later on today to take a statement from me, there is a chance i am pregnant so i had bloods done on friday and i will be getting the results tomorrow. But im really scared as i had a miscarriage on 6th august this year and there is a big chance that if i am pregnant again i will lose this baby, i cant go through that horrible heartache again... Sorry i just have noone else to talk to :'(

Thanks
OB

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi all, well a few weeks ago i was sexually assulted but people call it rape but to me it sounds less frightening. I contacted the police today about it, they are sending an officer round to me later on today to take a statement from me, there is a chance i am pregnant so i had bloods done on friday and i will be getting the results tomorrow. But im really scared as i had a miscarriage on 6th august this year and there is a big chance that if i am pregnant again i will lose this baby, i cant go through that horrible heartache again... Sorry i just have noone else to talk to :'(

Thanks
    OB

Hey
    Dont be apologiaing.Im glad you feel able to come on here and talk about things going on for you at the moment.I am really sorry to hear that you went through that horrible experience of sexual assault.It is not a pleasant thing to have been through at all.Well done for talking to the police about it though as that was a very very brave and courageous thing to do and shows how strog you are inside.Did they come round to speak to you about it in the end?If the results come back that you are pregnant please do what you feel is best for you.Sorry i couldnt help much.Im here if youd like to talk some more.xx
    I'm so sorry this happened to you. Its an awful thing to go through, miscarriage and the sexual assault, both I can relate to. No one should have to go through it.
    How did the chat with the police officer go?

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Hi, sorry for not replying straight away been busy and unwell :'(. I have had the police interview so now they are looking into it and seeing what they can do. Thankfully im not pregnant! Even though that would of been perfect evidence. But thanks for replying to me... BeckiBoo i am so sorry that you had to go through it yourself i hope ur okaii? Xxx
    I'm glad you managed to speak to the police 😊 really brave of you.

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Hello oldbiddy,

I hope you're as well as you can be.

How did the interview go? I know how difficult it can be to have to relive that experience.

Have you been to SARC or contacted St Mary's? They're amazing at giving support but they're based in Manchester, so there should be something where you are.

They'll always try and keep you updated. I had the detective come over and phone me to let me know what was going on - as waiting and not knowing what's happening can be really daunting and scary.

Big *hug*'s you've been brave speaking out about it x