Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

You should be a farmer or an astronaut!

PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
Hey guys :wave:

How many of you had to do those career quizzes at school? The ones where if you ticked you liked the outdoors you were 99% sure that your result would reveal you should be a farmer (even if you live in central Birmingham) or a gardener.

This infographic appeared in a blog suggesting jobs based on personality type.

It isn't a definitive guide by any means, but jobs similar to mine or jobs I aspire to featured in the section I fell into - whereas my school one told me I should do air traffic control! I get stressed trying to get out of a busy car park let alone landing planes!

Do you think that these personality tests can ever really tell us anything real or do we mould ourselves to fit the category we like the sound of most?

Take a look at the infographic, let us know if it come relatively close to what you do/want to do.

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Great post PGreen!

Just for some more context, this infographic comes from the Myers-Briggs Indicators - a type of survey I would hugely recommend you taking if you ever get chance. It will tell you what combination of letters most suits your personality - you may be surprised, I certainly was!

Having said that, basing it broadly on your own perception will give you a feel too, the survey would just uncover anything a bit more sub-conscious :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is mad. I got this box 4ary7emy.jpg
    Everyone knows I wanna be a child psychologist. Pretty impressive

Sent by Sony Xperia