Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Student Bakes + Recipes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So living in halls and deciding what to eat is going to be difficult, would love suggestions and recipes of what kinda things you should eat while living the student life?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Ohh good question! Some of my student favourites were peanut butter sandwiches. Stir frys are classic, they usually cover most food groups and if you're lucky you will have some leftovers for lunch. I also found sausages with some sort of grains + veg a good one.

What do you usually like to eat?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Easy, cheap pasta sauce.

Chop and soften some onion and any veges you wanna include, i usually put some peppers in but you can do whole tomatoes, carrots, courgettes, anything really. If you wanna add some meat brown off some meatballs, chicken, or cut up sausages. Add a tin of tomatoes and leave to reduce and add some basil or mixed herbs or a bit of chilli powder. Once its cooked down and thicken add to cooked pasta! I lived off this 2 or 3 times a week.

Spag bol and chilli is also good to make as you can make alot and freeze it
    I cook about 4 portions at a time and then freeze 3. Means I only have to cook about twice a week and it minimises waste.
    Dont forget actually really cheap meals: eggs on toast (fried, scrambled, poached) or beans on toast. Not great i know but very cheap!