Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going back down the old route

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess this could go in a few places, and I'm not sure which one it should go in.

So, despite being sectioned 2'd recently, My mental Health is improving a lot and instead of spending most days in A+E waiting to be attached to drips or xray'd I now only really go to hospital when my joints play up, I was sectioned at the begining of August for a psychotic episode, but that was just a minor set back. I was feeling a lot happier and confident and well, 'well'.

Until, My baby sister mia (two years old) died from Meningitis and now everythings coming back, I'm trying not to get back into my old ways, I liked it that i was walking down the street and the police would smile at me iinstead of detain me ect.

But im scared I'm going to be in my old ways... especially since the funeral is Friday
I'm already starting t self harm again...

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Em *hug*

I am really sorry to hear about your sister. That must be very difficult for you. Do you have any support in place at the minute?

It's really nice to see you posting on the boards again we are here for you.

:heart:

It's very brave that you recognise that you are scared about slipping back to the old ways. Do you have any distractions that have helped you in the past?

Sending you hugs and remember we are all here for you.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I am really sorry for you loss. I know I've said it a lot but it's a horrible thing to go through. But just remember you're not alone in this. Sending lots of cuddles your way! :heart: *hug*

As BananaMonkey asked, have you got any support at the minute? In Times like this you need as much support as you can get. You said you feel like you're going back into your old ways but it's completely understandable that you have a little knock back under the circumstances. With the support of us at TS and outside services. I know you can get through this!

Do you have any counselling? I know a lot of people, including myself, don't like the thought of it. But I've seen many people go through counselling and come out a completely different person. So maybe that's an idea? What do you think?

There's also an organisation called cruse. They help people through bereavement. There website is http://www.cruse.org.uk and they also have an email address helpline@cruse.org.uk and telephone number 0844 477 9400 that you can ring. How would it feel for you to get intouch with them too? I know it might feel a bit scary talking to a complete stranger that you've never met before but sometimes it makes it easier

Keep your chin up my lovely x

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I can't cope, I don't want to be here anymore, Locked myself in my flat, not answering the door to people or the calls, I've given up.
    Self-harming and overdosing every night..
    I'd be better of not here...I don't want to be here, My mum beat me up at the funeral...