Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

22-30 and living in or near Leeds? Volunteer for a PHD study!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone,

We've had a request from a PHD student at Leeds university for volunteers in a study about overcoming challenges to find 'one?s place in the world.'

See below for details:
A central challenge of early adulthood (about 22-30 years) is ?finding one?s place in the world?. This often involves, for example, looking for a life partner, settling on an appropriate occupation, and discovering ?who one is? (interests, skills, preferences etc.).

For many reasons some people find this phase of life more difficult than others, often labelled as ?quarter-life crisis?. My research study seeks to understand the experiences of young people who have overcome, or are currently coping successfully with, substantial challenges ?finding their place in the world?. I would like to invite you to take part in my study.

Criteria for the study:
  1. a British national;
  2. aged 22-30;
  3. self-defined as having overcome, or are currently coping successfully with, substantial challenges ?finding your place in the world?;
  4. not currently in contact with any mental health support service.

Information for the study is collected using semi-structured interviews supported by discussion associated with photos brought by the participants. A timeline is used in order to aid the discussion along with the photographs, where the photos are placed in the timeline according to the relevant space and time in the life course as represented by the timeline.

There will be specific instructions provided for the photos and it is preferable that the study takes place in University of Leeds.

For more details email Raginie: psrd@leeds.ac.uk