Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Struggling to Sleep And Eat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys!, So for the Last 2 weeks Ive been sleeping at 5-6am in the morning and only for a couple hours, It just happened out of no where Also I've lost my apatite I only eat tea sometimes dinner and when i do its hardly anything I had a couple bad days where i didn't eat anything and didn't sleep i was really bad, The worst part about all of this is its making me depressed to point where i get suicidal thoughts alot! (Id never go threw with them ive always had thoughts) Its really effecting me focusing and going out Ive tried alot of things to solve it but i simply cant.

Do any of you have any suggestions to why im feeling like this?
Thank you
Emma :heart:

Comments

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hey Emma

Sorry you're having such a bad time at the moment. It sounds like something's really affecting you badly.

You say it happened out of nowhere, is there anything you can think that happened around that time? It might be a life event - such as someone getting ill, or you falling out with someone, or a change in your work or study situation. Or any new or changed medication? Or a big change in diet or exercise?

It might help to write a diary out, or even just a timeline running from a few months before and see if you can identify anything that's changed?

It would be helpful if you can figure out what's happened, but don't beat yourself up if you can't. Sometimes events and feelings from the past can come back with no apparent reason for their timing, so sometimes depressed periods can just come out of nowhere.

Either way, it sounds like it's really important that you get some support at the moment.

Do you have friends or family you feel able to talk to about this and get their ideas? They might have picked up on some things that you haven't. There are also some helplines you can call to chat through what's going on. As well as giving immediate support, and can be surprising what just expressing feelings and ideas to someone else can bring up. You can always call the Samaritans (where you can discuss suicidal thoughts, but also any other emotional distress you're experiencing) free (including mobiles) on?116 123 or email them on jo@samaritans.org (they are open 24 hours a day, every day).

You mention depression - if you want to chat more specifically about mental health issues, SANE have a helpline where you can talk through the situation and get some emotional support (6pm - 11pm every day on 0845 767 8000). They also have text services and a support forum

Keep talking here too :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey, Nothings really happened i mean i started getting really depressed and my self harm got bad before then, then i stopped eating and my sleep got really bad id have 2 maybe 4 hours sleep a day and not be tired at all
    I cant really tell my family as they joke about it because im not exactly the skinniest person.
    As for friends i had one true friend who used me so i pratically have no one but here to talk to, I don't really trust other sites in case i do talk about my depression and suicidal thoughts they may send someone cause i think pretty bad things.
    Thanks for the sites tho! xx
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hey Emma

I'm sorry you don't feel like you've got anyone you can talk to at the moment :( Please keep coming back to talk here.

I understand it can feel like you think and feel things no one else does. But you might be surprised what other people are thinking if they were open too. Lots of us have thoughts sometimes that are scary or bad that we wouldn't want to share with just anyone, but it can be relieving to get that stuff out.

It sounds like finding some people that you feel you can be more open with would be really helpful. There are other places that you could start to meet people. The website meetup.com has groups for people suffering from depression, as well as lots of groups on various things (from knitting to rugby to dating) which can be a good place to meet people.

You could also find local support groups by calling the Mind infoline.

It sounds like things are pretty rough at the moment, so it might be worth speaking to your doctor to get some support. This would be confidential - you can get more advice on speaking to a doctor about mental health here: http://www.docready.org/

Sleep wise, I was reading some sleep advice from the Sleep Council the other night. It might not solve all your sleep problems, but even some improvement in sleep can make a big difference. And I like that there's a Sleep Council :)