Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Abuse, finishing uni what do I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So this is the first time I have ever posted about this.

I was sexually abuse by my step father for many years and christmas 2013 I told my mother.
she did not leave him. I didnt tell the police and ran back to uni.

I cannot go back home and I am due to finish uni soon. I have a partner but he is a student.

Can I get any help? I am worried I will end up homeless with no money.


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You would now have a local connection to where you are currently, so 3 months before you finish uni go and talk to them - but you will need to tell them everything. They should be able to help you because you would be at risk if you went back home.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey shesellsseashells,

    lovely name - welcome :)

    Not feeling able to tell people what's happened sounds really tough - a lot to carry and come to terms with. It's a good time to make the most of student services before you leave, they should be able to give you some advice, as well as directing you towards appropriate local services. Have you accessed them before?
Sign In or Register to comment.