Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

weighed down by anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had social anxiety all my life but it got worse through secondary school. The pattern that my anxiety usually follows is like a rollercoaster: I'll be fine and then I'll slow get worse and worse to the point where I feel like I can't cope and get very depressed. At the moment i'm going through a very bad patch and I really am not doing so well. I don't know what to do about it. I'm going to a party today but I'm going through that same mental battle that comes with the offer of social events: I NEED to do this but I mentally can't.
And so begins the mental beating. I'm so exhausted. Does anyone else feel like this whenever they go out?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww i am sorry you are feeling like that too.I completely understand and can relate to this a fair bit.Have you tried to talk to anyone about this?Someone who you trust and feel comfortable talking to?I am always here if you ever need to talk xx