Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

lost a loved one :*(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might soud silly

I lost a loved and well knowed hamster I had jacub for a while and he become unwell I noticed he was very cold and wasnt right at all. He past away 2 days ago

Iam so closed to him since I brought him when he was a baby from a pet shop (pets at home ) iam lost with out him I cont cope anymore not eating or drinking since he died. I spoil him and was always with me when I travel to my dad not very often. I cont stop crying at all I dont want to be like this :*( I said I dont want another hamster at the moment

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Heather* wrote: »
    This might soud silly

I lost a loved and well knowed hamster I had jacub for a while and he become unwell I noticed he was very cold and wasnt right at all. He past away 2 days ago

Iam so closed to him since I brought him when he was a baby from a pet shop (pets at home ) iam lost with out him I cont cope anymore not eating or drinking since he died. I spoil him and was always with me when I travel to my dad not very often. I cont stop crying at all I dont want to be like this :*( I said I dont want another hamster at the moment

This sounds like it's really affected you and it doesn't sound silly at all

Pets become part of the family. I know that when I was living with my mum, my dog was my best friend! She's still alive but I don't see her anymore because I don't see my mum

Sending you big cuddled *hug*

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Oh Heather, I'm sorry. It's not silly at all, pets can be as close as a friend or family member. I'd be heartbroken if my cat died.

However, you do need to eat and drink, otherwise you will not be in a good enough state to be able to deal with his death. Look after yourself. Have you had a funeral for him?

xx
    grace wrote: »
    Oh Heather, I'm sorry. It's not silly at all, pets can be as close as a friend or family member. I'd be heartbroken if my cat died.

However, you do need to eat and drink, otherwise you will not be in a good enough state to be able to deal with his death. Look after yourself. Have you had a funeral for him?

xx

Yes I berred him that morning he die earley that moring my mum brought him a plant
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    This sounds like it's really affected you and it doesn't sound silly at all

Pets become part of the family. I know that when I was living with my mum, my dog was my best friend! She's still alive but I don't see her anymore because I don't see my mum

Sending you big cuddled *hug*

Sent by Sony Xperia

Thanks iam gettin there slowly :) taking time I got my mum pets to entertain but it wont not remember jacub too
    Heather

I'm sorry I said those things. I was a stupid idiot.
    SpinTires wrote: »
    Heather

I'm sorry I said those things. I was a stupid idiot.

Its ok :)
    Hi Heather *hug*

It’s not silly at all!

Pets become a part of the family so it’s always hard when they die - we usually have all the same feelings we would if it were a bereavement of a family member.

Although it may sound like a cliché - with time it will get easier.

You say you can’t eat or drink – this is normal but its important for your health that you have something in your system to keep you going.

Why not just try something small.

Hope this helps.