Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Parents and Trust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, today I saw an article in The Guardian about a new app called Ignore No More, the idea is that parents can remotely lock a phone if their kids are ignoring their calls until they return a call or text.

What does everyone think about this? Is it a bit over the top? Will overbearing parents use it to keep watch on their kids? Or do you think parents have got the right to do this if their worried about their kids, especially if they're paying for the phone?

Emily

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How are you supposed to call or text your parents if your phone is locked?

This. Is. Stupid. I would not be happy at all if my parents ever did this! It's way over the top.
    Unnecessary. If the child purposely does not return calls you just pawn the phone until it learned to do so.
    I think it's an overreaction. If I don't answer my phone it's because it's either switched off or I am busy. I rarely text someone back right away too.
    If the parents are paying for the phone then they can do whatever they fancy. Also, who's to say that the kid's ignoring them rather than just not having their phone to hand? And anyway, kids should know that the best way to get a parent to calm down and off their back is to actually answer the phone and say something encouraging but vague.