Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

On My Own..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm on my own all day today. My sister is out for the day and my Mom is at work until 18:45pm. When I'm on my own I'm not good or safe, my mind starts to wonder and works over time and I just feel so isolated and alone but this is the confusing but, I want to be on my own and this other part of me doesn't, hmm frustrating!

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey :wave:

It sounds like you have a very good awareness of what you are feeling which is a good thing when it comes to managing your feelings. *hug*

Do you have anything that you enjoy doing? Something that could keep your mind of what you are thinking for a bit, listening to music, going for a walk, doing a creative activity or reading. Something like that. :heart:

This thread has lots of distractions, I know it says for self harm, but they could also be used for other things when you just need a distraction.

Hope that has helped, and keep posting on here if that helps also :heart:

Your not alone.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hi BananaMonkey.

I don't enjoy much any more, I only go out the house if I have an appointment. I never used to be like this, at one stage you could never keep me in the house! I've got my 3 dogs who have a huge back garden, I've played ball with them and brushed them and now I'm back in my bedroom on my bed. My way of usually escaping reality and detatching myself is by over dosing on ket but (I'M NOT GOING TO OVER DOSE ON KET), sorry just thought I'd put that so my confidentiality isn't broken but no I'm not going to over dose. I do enjoy music especially Motown, Northern Soul, Reggae & Rock. Yeah I will have a look at that thread now, hey thank you for replying it is nice to know people do care because if they didn't they wouldn't reply. X
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear how difficult things are for you at the minute. Sometimes when we go outside and get some fresh air we feel better, I know it's difficult to take that step when we feel isolated and want to just stay in the house, but in the long run it does help. I am glad you managed to get some fresh air. :heart:

If you feel like you are going to overdose at any point there is support out there, including Samaritans you can call, email and even text them. The text number is 07725 909090

Also YoungMinds is another good website, it has lots of good info.

Something that I did one time and do it quite often is write lyrics, maybe that could help you express yourself. It sounds like you enjoy music.

*hug*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Hi. Aww bless ya. I didn't realize Samaritans had a text service? I did used to write a few.years a go and I don't tell anyone that because of this 'reputation' you get slumbered with growing up. I'm going to have a sleep now and play ball with my dogs again after, yeah I love my music I've always got a pair of headphones in my ears lol! Anyway might catch you in chat some time? Thank you again! X
  • Options
    *hug*

Have a nice sleep, and enjoy playing with the dogs, pets have such a great effect on our mental health :heart:

Yeah I am the same with music.

I may see you in chat yeah.. It's okay, remember the boards are always here for you, and other helplines and support is out there available for you. You don't have to deal with things on your own.

Stay strong lovely!!
  • Options
    Hi BananaMonkey!

I just want to say thank you for yesterday, much appreciated!

I did use that number in the end, I have my social worker phoning me tomorrow so I MIGHT open up to her a bit about how I've been feeling.

Thank you again,

Starlightx0x. X
  • Options
    Only just seen this..

Its totally fine.

Stay strong

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    It's ok. You to :-).
  • Options
    Hey.. just wanted to see how you are feeling today? *hug* :heart:

• Options
    Hi. Yeah I'm ok, just really tired. How are you? X
  • Options
    Glad your okay. Hope you manage to get some sleep soon :)

• Options
    Hi. I've been catching some sleep here and there. I should be getting a perscription off my psychiatrist later to help with my sleep :-). Hope your ok? X