Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Am I the best sex you've ever had?" - How honest is too honest?

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
I was watching this new interactive documentary project called The And last night.

They take 30 couples and give them each a set of questions such as "Am I the best sex you've ever had?", What would you do if I cheated on you?" and "Who has more power in our relationship?".

Have a watch - they ask you four "yes or no" questions, and then make a customised documentary around one and a half minutes long for you. After that, you can flick through other couples and questions.

I really enjoyed watching it, and was struck by the level of honesty that some of the couples had with each other - some of it was quite moving.

It made me wonder though, can you be too honest in a relationship? We always encourage people to communicate openly and honestly, but are there some things that you just don't need to know? Is honesty always a good thing?

Would you want to know your partner's answer to those questions (and others in the documentary)? Would you be comfortable giving full, honest answers to those questions?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am of the opinion that you should not ask this kind of loaded questions where you'd love to hear one answer but would be very upset when hearing another ("Does my ass look fat in this dress, honey?" - "No, your ass looks always fat, because it is.").

If someone poses me a post-coital question if that was the best sex I ever had I would avoid giving an answer, because those questions are bullshit. They solely exist to give your ego a pat on the back if you receive the answer you desire. No, there is not too much honesty, but there are unnecessary questions and superfluous information.

No I don't care if I am the best ever lover for any given partner. I give my best, because giving pleasure equals receiving pleasure, and I am open for suggestions and improvement, but simply knowing if I am the best or not is not helpful for anyone.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    That's a very cool video Danny.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Andy wrote: »
    That's a very cool video Danny.

Agreed, a little bit in love with this. Would love to see it done with slightly younger couples though...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi

I have to agree with Helen - this was really really interesting to watch, and would be great to see this with younger couples.

I'm not sure that I would really want that level of honesty - maybe because you're just never know what your partner is going to come out with. Ignorance is the best sometimes!!