Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Private / self referal (neurology)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Because for some utterly bizarre reason, my GP is refusing to refer me. Despite her admitting that she's running out of options of what to do with me.

Is it possible to self refer to neurology? In short, I have spent the last year with chronic headaches. I have cysts on my brain. Because my MRI scan is unchanged, every doctor I have seen, has decided there's not a problem. Despite the fact that I'm constantly saying I'm in pain and nothing I'm given actually works.

I know the other option is private. But would this and any treatment be recognised by the NHS?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure if you can refer yourself but I think you should be very persistent with them, especially if you're in a lot of pain. If they still won't do anything I would threaten that you are going to make a complaint about the services you have been given because they can't just leave you in pain and not give you any answers. It's not right
    Keep us all updated x

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Thanks. Being seeing the doctors for a year over this and have asked how I make a complaint and have been told what to do.