Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Competition! "Love Nuggets" - the little things we do to show we care.

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
BtoMMVRCYAIfDEO.jpg:smallBtn6F4iIcAA_572.jpg:small

We've been having a good discussion on the little things you can do for a girlfriend or boyfriend to make them happy.

Now we have a competition!

"Love Nuggets" is a new campaign celebrating the everyday things people do that make the foundations of a happy relationship. The campaign aims to "encourage people to appreciate these otherwise uncelebrated acts, while providing inspiration to others for new and different ways to show our loved ones how much we care."

If you post your best ideas and experiences here, you'll be entered into a draw to win a £30 Amazon Voucher.

The best ideas will be collected on the new website http://lovenuggets.com/ Your answers will be anonymous, so feel free to post whatever you'd like. If you go through to the Love Nuggets site, you can see how they'll appear.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    OK, I'll kick this off even though I won't be eligible for a prize :eek2: :d

Foot massage before sleep is always good :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See, I didn't know whether I was supposed to post on here or on the link... Haha

So I would love to be taken on a picnic in the park. I just think its so cute :):heart:
    Sending cute notes and emails
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sending cute notes. Preparing ad hoc picnics with our favourite foods.
    Love nuggets is a weird name, it sounds like a small poo gently placed on your pillow for a morning surprise :heart:

Anyway, leaving little notes around the house is always good. Or even better, posting them to me so I get proper handwritten things in the post.
    He tells me I'm beautiful.

We watch casualty on iPlayer on a Saturday morning, despite the fact I know he hates it.

He always deals with the raw chicken when we're making dinner, because I hate it.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Something I've seen a couple do is make each other a diary for the coming year - they each bought the other a blank notebook and drew in all 365 days, complete with important dates/plans! Pretty impressive
    He strokes my hair when I'm stressed or upset

He always gets cherry pie to cheer me up

I hide little notes in his coat/drawers/ in the fridge with little messages and lovely quotes on

He runs me a bath when I come in from a long day.

He always calls me when he finishes work.
    Yesterday after a busy day at work I got in to find the table laid with a cup of tea waiting and him dishing out dinner. Then later on while he was queing to get on his train I ran into the coffee shop and got him a tea for his journey back.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Him giving me surprise presents for no apparent reason
    Being woken up with breakfast and coffee in bed at festivals ^_^
    I'll give him a sneaky peck at work when no ones watching
    Stopping playing his game to hold your legs up because you are drunk and want to do a handstand, but can't really do a handstand.
    This competition ends on August the 31st, so there's still lots of time to get your entries in for a chance to win that £30 Amazon voucher!
    :hyper:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    He organizes movie nights for us, with all my favourite films! :)

In summer one day was scorching hot and the sky was so beautiful at night so he put a paddling pool in his garden and filled it with duvets and pillows to sleep under the night sky
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Why can't Sam be like everything you guys have said above? :p

I love how when I'm being strange, and hyper, he won't look away, but rather join in! Or when we're on hour long Skype calls talking about nothing but random shit. I like how he would lift me to prove that he was taller, and then I'd show off my two bad boys *Muscles.* It's just your typical teenage relationship though xD

I wasn't really fond of him pouring Pepsi all over my new dress though, I wanted to cry in the pictures xD

Oh and he's also my foot rest...xD Which I adore, and he's an amazing pillow to!
    Just a quick reminder that this closes on Monday!! (we're extending it by half a day ;) )

Last chance to get your entries in :hyper:
    might as well give this a go :p

Sending hand written letters is my fav!
    Or those random times a friend meets you and takes you to get a drink!
    Long walks in fields just you and a friend! Always love doing this.
    He went out in the middle of the night when I was craving dairylea cheese.

Shame we broke up, no one will do that for me now :p
    Thanks for all your entries everyone, some really nice submissions!

The competition is closed, your names were put in our shiny charity football trophy and 3 names were pulled out by Juliet, one of our amazing volunteers:

k7ZdZdX.jpg

And the winners are:
    • Grace
    • Miss_Riot
    • Plugitin

Congratulations to you three! You each win a £30 Amazon voucher :hyper:
    I'll be in touch shortly.

Remember to take a look at the Love Nuggets website for more ideas :)
    Well done guys :) xx

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Awesome! That's really cheered me up! Just hope I can get something delivered to the hospital! Xx