Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Did you know...

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    MikeS wrote: »
    Big Mac's need the gherkin to tip the sugar balance out of the dessert region. If it weren't for them, they'd have to be classified as a pudding! Pizza Hut have a burger pizza that tops nearly 3000 calories, or 300 calories a slice!
    Yay you did it. Thanks :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Did you know.....

With modern day technology, it would take astronauts about 260 days in a rocket to land on Mars.

"Tug of War" was once an official Olympic sport.

According to NASA, the moon smells like gunpowder.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Did you know....

I have just just looked over this thread again and I cant stop giggling to myself. Ah memories.. love the facts guys. :heart:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you know that I came second in a singing competition :) haha sorry

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Did you know that I came second in a singing competition :) haha sorry

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Well done you!! :-) so proud of you.

• Options
    Well done you!! :-) so proud of you.

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    That's awesome Becki! :)

Squids have beaks. The eyes of a giant squid are the size of dinner plates.
  • Options
    Thanks

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Did you know that lego bricks are cut so precisely in production, only 18 out of 1 MILLION are useless...
  • Options
    Jazzmaraz wrote: »
    Did you know that lego bricks are cut so precisely in production, only 18 out of 1 MILLION are useless...
    Cool fact, thanks for sharing :)

• Options
    Did you know that on the 23rd June it's National pink day?! This just made my day hahaha.

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Did you know that on the 23rd June it's National pink day?! This just made my day hahaha.

Sent by Sony Xperia
    You make me smile so much.. you and your pinkness :heart:

• Options
    I looooove pink!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I looooove pink!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
    I know!! :-) my fave colour is purple!! :)

• Options
    Did you know....

If you eat some chocolate orange and then drink coke it makes it taste well weird :P I have just discovered that.
  • Options
    Did you know...

A ducks quack doesnt echo, and no one knows why

If you travel across Russia, you will cross seven time zones

Adult elephants cant jump

Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open

Butterflies range in size from a tiny 1/8 inch to a huge almost 12 inches

The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Libraries
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Did you know...

Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open

I did know that duck quacks dont echo as there is a tv series called that.
    The sneezing with your eyes open is false, it has been proved possible in the above tv series
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

That's a myth. They do, it's just easy to confuse the echo as part of the quack itself.
  • Options
    Did you know rubber bands last longer if you keep them refrigerated

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    I'm learning so much from this thread!!

Did you know that ketchup was once used as medicine - hmm pass the chips please :)
  • Options
    Lol Alex. I love ketchup thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!!

• Options
    Ooh I discovered the other day that dreams about being sacked from your job means your ready to move on to other things.. not really a did you know as such.. haha but thought id share. ;)

• Options
    Did you know.... that your mouth is the quickest part of the body to heal.. learnt that from a 4 year old today.

• Options
    Did you know.... that your mouth is the quickest part of the body to heal.. learnt that from a 4 year old today.

Interesting. With the bacteria and the fact that your mouth is wet, I would have thought it would take longer than other body parts to heal.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Interesting. With the bacteria and the fact that your mouth is wet, I would have thought it would take longer than other body parts to heal.

Any skin in the mouth is thin so takes less time to heal over. Saliva also acts like an antiseptic to prevent infection within the mouth.

The cornea in the eye is also the quickest healing body part.
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    These facts are so great...I will have the most random general knowledge ever, it will come in handy for pub quizzes :thumb:

I listen to this podcast by the QI elves if you like random facts Banana Monkey this will be right up your street!

:wave:
  • Options
    Lol Pippa. Glad you like the random facts.

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Did you know that hippos used to live in the River Thames 125,000 years ago? :hyper:
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    ^ amazing!

Did you know that days are getting longer?
    Every day is 54 billionths of a second longer than the day before..

450 million years ago, there were around 415 days in a year!

Pretty incredible!
    Listen to the full story here.
  • Options
    Did you know that a shrimps heart is in its head :o

Sent by Sony Xperia