Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The little things in relationships that get overlooked

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe4fyJDTNieTmPxwJ_7_d_Y2je-_9BAA9bWv5j3F2uL6Ss4UaEfg

We had a really good discussion about "What little things can a boyfriend/girlfriend do for you to make you happy", with some great suggestions.

When you've been with someone for a bit, it can be easy to get used to nice things they do, or maybe to take for granted little things that they make an effort with.

Are there things that your boyfriend/girlfriend does for you that you like but don't let them know you appreciate? (do they know ho much it means when they check how you're doing, or buy you little gifts?)

Are there little things that you do for your boyfriend/girlfriend that they don't seem to acknowledge? (do you feel all your little efforts are appreciated?)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I was in a relationships it was simple things (rare things) like doing the washing up that meant the most - he defo knew how much it meant though as I made a big enough deal out of it in order for it to happen more often! (not that it did!) I think they think they've done it once, had the praise now move on!
  • Options
    *rach* wrote: »
    When I was in a relationships it was simple things (rare things) like doing the washing up that meant the most - he defo knew how much it meant though as I made a big enough deal out of it in order for it to happen more often! (not that it did!) I think they think they've done it once, had the praise now move on!

This! Same with hoovering.

Also, when my ex used to send me a text saying 'love you' or 'mwuah' with tonnnnns of kisses. I didn't always realise it but it did make me feel special and happy.
  • Options
    Text's that say good morning, first thing, or ones that say goodnight, last thing before he goes to bed.

That and stroking my feet. It's become habit now, but has magical relaxation powers.
  • Options
    Yes. My girlfriend is so unthankful. I recently did not have the key to the house when coming home late and climbed into the window and silently crawled into her bed. She woke up, threw stuff at me and screamed, "WHO ARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE. I WILL CALL THE POLICE!" Sheesh. Next time I just ring her out of bed.
  • Options
    I have to say that I agree with *rach* and butterfly123 - helping out with the housework is definitely something I appreciate, no matter how boring it might be at times! :p But I have been guilty of not letting them know I appreciate this in the past, which I think is equally important to do as the person doing the gesture.

I've found that even the small things like remembering an appointment the other one
    has or a deadline at work, and asking them how it went, is a lovely thing to do as well - it's small but lets them know that you listen and care :)