Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are you a cheap date?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :wave: how're you all?

I've come across times when people use the term 'cheap date' as though it'd a bad thing, but I don't think it is.

A lot of traditional date ideas cost money, such as the cinema or going for dinner, but there are loads that don't need to burn a hole in your wallet or cost anything at all, and be just as good (if not better! :)).

Things like going for an evening stroll or having a picnic in the park can make a great date, and I wondered if you agreed and had any inexpensive date ideas or experiences to share?

Comments

• Options
    I'd much rather just go on a cute little date like a walk along the beach and then a picnic or something than go to a crowded restaurant or cinema or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    I went for a picnic in the park with my ex when we were together and it was lovely. I remember one of our best dates, we bought this meal deal thing for four pounds which was pizza and dough balls, we had wine that I had saved from my birthday and we watched a film snuggled on the sofa with a candle lit. Some of the best dates are the cheapest, I don't think there's much point spending so much money at a restaurant or anything like that. It's the company that matters.
  • Options
    unfortunately I can't share my experiences what I have done with my partner by going on a date whilst saving money but I can agree with what everyone has to say but it's still nice going out for a meal with ur partner and having a nice dinner or something. Going to a restaurant, cinema or bowling never has to expensive, u can still have a good time from the fraction of the price. Not like everyday u would go out for a meal or cinema as these trips need to be earned and saved for. There's nothing wrong with having a night in, a picnic or trip to the park, that's still a nice evening to have whatever u do.
  • Options
    I think I am a bit of a cheap date, I always feel guilty about having money spent on me so won't suggest going anywhere fancy. I also enjoy a casual, low key date anyway
  • Options
    I'm the same two FieryFrenze don't feel good having someone spoiling me but that don't mean going to a nice restaurant now and again is bad. I'm sure u have been to a nice meal before and enjoyed it. Where wrong wih that and other places like the cinema and going bowling? These things u save and work hard for to treat urself but I dont see nothing wrong with having a night in or going to the park. I don't believe people what don't like nice meals or getting pampered, I'm sure they secretly do but don't want to admit it. Everything in life doesn't always have to involved around money.
  • Options
    I think a picnic in the park would be perfect! So romantic! If I ever get a boyfriend, this is what he could do for me

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Lot's of great date ideas, I also think that having to think a bit creatively about how to not spend money on a date can mean you end up doing something totally different to normal - it can shake you out of a routine. I love the random things you can find on Groupon - I once ended up going on a date roller skiing :crazyeyes round Hyde park and it cost barely anything. Probably one of the funniest dates I have been on!
  • Options
    There are some great ideas here - your picnic sounds lovely butterfly123! It's true too as you say Crazykiss, treating yourself every now and then isn't bad at all - it's called a treat for a reason after all! :) Thinking creatively and looking around for some great deals and discounts as PGreen says it a brilliant idea too - Groupon, Living Social and Wowzer, for example, and fab sites to keep an eye on :thumb:
  • Options
    Probably.

I like going for walks and going to the beach.

Beach, icecream/hot chocolate and then home and cook a chilled dinner and I'm a happy girl.