Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

mess

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Iam moving in with my mum and my dad dosnt know yet I dont want to tell him just at the moment. My mum talking my my sister and shes a snitch she tell my dad and it going to kick off at me. I got a okish relationship with both of my parents. I dont want to fall out with both of them. Both of them really prective over me. My dad dosnt get on with my mum, my mum dosnt get on with him. Theres going to be a raw between me mum and dad now as my sister will tell him that iam going to move in with her. My life going to be big mess. I told him Ive moved from the shared house but he dosnt know that iam with my mum. I dont want my dad to know yet. I dont want to fall out with them at all hes my dad and she my mum. Now my dad going to have ago. I see what hes doing just precting me like parents do.

I dont know what to to do :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there!

Moving out is always a tough decision to make. However, you need to do what you feel is best for you and right now that may be moving in with your mum. Perhaps sitting down with your dad and letting him know how you feel and what you are planning on doing would be a good idea. He is your dad and at the end of the day, he will always want what is best for you.

Even though your parents do not talk to one another, they will always want what is best for you. Sitting down with your dad and explaining how you feel will most likely be the best thing to do.

Hope this is helpful for you

Cheryl@TheSite
    Hi Bubbley-Heather,

It’s clear that you care about both of your parents and are as protective of their feelings as they are of you.

However it may be best to try and sit down and talk to your Dad to let him know you are moving in your Mum.

Although it may seem tough its probably for the best as it will be a lot better coming from you than someone else. Atleast it will give you a chance to explain and do it on your own terms.

Sometimes it best to just tackle things head on before it gets a chance to spiral out of control and as CherylG said - your parents will want the best for you regardless of them being together.

Hope this helps