Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Constantly falling out with my mum

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
So yeah, I am constantly falling out with my mum. Like just now. I will raise my voice or the other way around and then she will start having ago at me. I actually remember when we did it when I was in primary school, she would threaten me that she was going to phone the police and tell them to take me away, and because I was young, I would believe she would do it and I would burst into tears. She used to hit me as well and it would leave a mark on my arm but then eventually fade. If she hit me now I would say "Child Abuse" and hit her back. Also in the past (when I was like 10) she called me a "Fat B*itch" because I didn't fit in my school uniform. Another thing is, she is constantly implying that I am fat and then she will literally go out to the shops and buy a lot of junk food, if I rufused she would be like "well I thought I would be nice and buy you something" and I would turn round and say "well you just said that you want me to stop eating junk food" and then she would start having a go at me again. I just hate feeling low down because she has shouted at me and I have shouted back at her. I am getting sick of her always shouting at me, but if I say that to her she will say "well pack your bags and go then." So many times I have wanted to do it in the past but haven't. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww I'm really sorry that u are going through this. Do u know why she's saying these things and doing them? No one deserves to have names shouted out at them or feeling worse then they really are. Have u thought about family therapy? If u and ur mum haven't got off to the best of starts in life then maybe that's an option or maybe talking to ur dad about how u are feeling will help him advice u what to do. You got me here if u wanna talk :)
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Crazykiss wrote: »
    Aww I'm really sorry that u are going through this. Do u know why she's saying these things and doing them? No one deserves to have names shouted out at them or feeling worse then they really are. Have u thought about family therapy? If u and ur mum haven't got off to the best of starts in life then maybe that's an option or maybe talking to ur dad about how u are feeling will help him advice u what to do. You got me here if u wanna talk :)

She always says that I flip on her for no apparent reason, and always blames it on me. I know for definite she won't want to do that as it will "cost too much", "it will be a waster of time" and if I suggest it to her she will flip on me. Haha I ain't talking to him. He hasn't been around for the past 16 years, I do talk to him on Facebook but like nothing personal like this. Thanks
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe that's not the right approuch to go with. You seem like u are certain where u and mum are as to the relationship u both share with one another but if u are constsnly fighting with one another then maybe u either need to give one another some space or tell how u are feeling. Sometimes having a talk helps with the situation u are going through. Otherwise there may not be any form of reconciliation with u both and move on as for ur dad well atleast u get on slightly better with him and it's good u got someone to talk to. Have u tried maybe talking to a counselor about this or a friend