Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Positive Book Ideas

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
So yeah I realised this place is just too good to stay away from and I was just thinking of making a Positive Book, however I don't know what to include. I was thinking of making one as I know that I'm very pessimistic, and need to start being optimistic, plus I need to improve my self-esteem. So if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could you start with maybe favourite memories? Like pictures and any mementos. You could kind of scrapbook them and identify why they are positive memories. Or note positive people in your life, why they're positive, how they impact you etc. Also I know there is a thread on here, I think it's called the self esteem challenge: you could do a page a day based on that such as: what part of my personality do I like the most. And you could decorate that page with photos, cut outs from magazines, favourite quotes.. or art work if you like art :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I know a user has a positive song page, you could splash positive lyrics in your book, or even draw a picture of yourself, and point out all the good features, like 'I have amazing eyes' etc. And if you find a fault, look for a positive to back it up :heart:

You could even do a bucket list, if you wanted to!

Do let us know how you get on, and I can't wait to see some pages from it ;)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    Could you start with maybe favourite memories? Like pictures and any mementos. You could kind of scrapbook them and identify why they are positive memories. Or note positive people in your life, why they're positive, how they impact you etc. Also I know there is a thread on here, I think it's called the self esteem challenge: you could do a page a day based on that such as: what part of my personality do I like the most. And you could decorate that page with photos, cut outs from magazines, favourite quotes.. or art work if you like art :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I was thinking of using some pictures, but like there's loadssss haha :)
    Yeah I might do the 30 day self esteem challenge then :)
    Thank you Ellie :)
    I know a user has a positive song page, you could splash positive lyrics in your book, or even draw a picture of yourself, and point out all the good features, like 'I have amazing eyes' etc. And if you find a fault, look for a positive to back it up :heart:

You could even do a bucket list, if you wanted to!

Do let us know how you get on, and I can't wait to see some pages from it ;)

Oooo I shall go and check that out :) Yeah I was thinking on doing that :)
    Will do!!! I first need to get a plain book :)
    Thanks WOTH!!!! :D
    Hey Hann - I'm just going to move this over into the Health & Wellbeing forum as this is all about looking after your wellbeing :)

Loving all the ideas so far :yes:

Another one to add could be that when someone pays you a compliment you write it down and include it in the book? So who said it and when and how it made you feel? It can be good to remember those and be reminded of them.
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey Hann - I'm just going to move this over into the Health & Wellbeing forum as this is all about looking after your wellbeing :)

Loving all the ideas so far :yes:

Another one to add could be that when someone pays you a compliment you write it down and include it in the book? So who said it and when and how it made you feel? It can be good to remember those and be reminded of them.

Oh ok, I was thinking of posting it in there however I wasn't sure :)
    Yeah that's another good idea. Thanks Jo! :D
    So I have bought the book I am going to use, I have told my mum why she bought it (haha) and she looked at me funny and I said "it's because I'm pessimistic, I need to be more optimistic" I explained what that meant and she is "ok" with it. So hopefully I will start this next week! :)
    I was just thinking of making a Positive Book

Hey
    This may sound like a bit of a stupid question but I was just wonder what a positive book was :)
    Thank you! :)