Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Action on Anxiety workshop: Thursday 3rd July 7-9pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

On Thursday 3rd July from 7-9pm we're running a workshop for anyone who experiences symptoms of anxiety. These might include:
  • restlessness
  • a sense of dread
  • feeling constantly "on edge"
  • difficulty concentrating
  • irritability
Not sure if that's you? Have a look at our article for more info - What is anxiety?

The workshop is being run by our friends over at Off The Record. Some of you will have met Allie before in previous chats, she'll be hosting the session with the help of her colleague Sabrina.

A bit about our hosts...
9158063099_d3a2fa3fba_q.jpg
My name is Allie and I'm a youth counsellor at Off The Record, a young people's support service based in Croydon, South London. My career started off working with young people in the charity sector, developing online projects to help young people with challenges they were facing in their lives. More recently, I have been working as a counsellor, supporting young people through tough times. As a counsellor, my role is to create environment where you feel able to talk about the things going on in your life without feeling judged.

14370624378_1fd22513c6_o.jpg
My name is Sabrina and I'm the Mental health worker for the young carers project in Croydon. Our project is part of Off The Record. I started off working with young people from voluntary work in my late teen years to working as a Learning Mentor in a school and now as a mental health worker within the young carers project. Part of my role at young carers is to run group workshops sessions for young people around a range of issues including increasing emotional resilience and anger management.

What will the workshop include?

We'll look at symptoms of anxiety as well as potential anxiety pitfalls that can make anxiety worse. Allie will also introduce some coping strategies and visualisation techniques as well help you to take away some practical steps to apply to your day to day life.

How will the chat work?

This chat will have limited spaces and will be for a small group. If you'd like to register your interest in coming along then you can do so by completing this form.

We'll get in touch with you via a message on the boards early next week to let you know if you have a place and to give you the final details.

It will be a friendly and informal atmosphere and everyone will be encouraged to join in and have a chance to talk.

If you don't manage to get a place don't worry, we'll share some top tips from the session on the boards afterwards :)

Any questions just ask :thumb:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ooh, shall totes get to the form when I get home! However, I like Franki's 'Fake it' tip! :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *bump*
    Really annoyed to miss this but I'm going to see Dawn French live. Can't have it all in life :p
    Sounds up my street but I won't be able to make the chat! I'll check in on the boards after though for some info. :) Also, Jo - I just noticed your signature. :yes:
    Hey i think i signed up? sorry >< am i allowed to come? sorry
    Hi I would like to find out more about this topic as I think it maybe be useful for me but I will look out to see when it is and will come along and chat about it.
    Filled form in :)
    I'm not sure if this topic is more if what I an experiencing or not. It's linked to that but more of depression. then anxiety. The two are kind of linked but Its more of having low moods, feeling worthless, having good and bad days and self harm. I dont think this would be very useful for me. Will look out for the self esteem work shop. That will be useful for me. Thanks anyway.
    :( the one day im not here! :O sisters prom night nd ive been nominated for an award hope it goes well and you all enjoy it :D
    To rosebude, I hope u have a good time at ur sisters prom and I'm pleased to hear that u have been put up for an award for something. You should go out there and enjoy urself. Missing a night on here is nothing to feel concerned about. Tell me how it goes.
    Crazykiss wrote: »
    To rosebude, I hope u have a good time at ur sisters prom and I'm pleased to hear that u have been put up for an award for something. You should go out there and enjoy urself. Missing a night on here is nothing to feel concerned about. Tell me how it goes.

thanks :) is for me sports leaders work lets just hope its fun and goes well
    That's good that they put u up for an award. Shows that u have dome a really good job for them. Hope u have fun dressing up rather then dressing up in joggers and t shirt lol. You should go out and shot urself and look pretty.
    Sorry I ment enjoy urself. Sorry about that.