Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sex tapes....would you ever do one?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was looking at what films were coming out soon and I happened to notice a new film - " Sex Tape " is being released in September this year.

It got me thinking if anyone really did this? Is this something you do but only with the guarantee this is between you and your partner? Can you trust them enough? Or do you avoid it altogether because it's a bit risky? What if things go a bit wrong with your partner and they still have it?

Please feel free to share your thoughts - I'd love to know what you think :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a general answer, I'd say no to making sex tapes. As you said I think the risk is too high - if anything goes wrong then you're in a world of rubbish.

But I do think that if you're in a long term relationship with someone you trust 100% - I guess a soul mate sort of thing - then there probably isn't any harm, as long as you agree exactly what's going to happen and what you're going to do with it afterwards. It could be a lot of fun for some couples provided those circumstances are met, I think. Especially long term when you want to try something a bit different.
    I say sex tapes shouldn't even exist. Nobody can ever guarantee how the relationship will end up. No matter how in love you are or how much you think you're destined to be together forever, there's always a chance that things can go horribly wrong. I know some break-ups are mutual and sometimes people wouldn't ever do anything that would hurt their ex-partner so I guess some people can be trusted but I think more of the time, and especially depending on the circumstances, you should never trust someone with something so personal and you should never risk it.
    Im single at the moment but if i was in a long term, serious relationship then i MIGHT think about it. Like butterfly said, you never know how a relationship can end and people do crazy things to get revenge.
    On the whole I do agree with Butterfly. But I think there can be exceptional circumstances - like if you agree it gets deleted as soon as it's made. For a lot of couples it isn't about actually viewing it, it's just about being recorded.
    Meh, I've made a sex tape. I wasn't in a proper relationship with him at the time (he'd actually broken up with me not long before), and he's shown it to other people. And...I don't really give a shit. Anyone with an internet connection could find pictures of me online if they looked hard enough, and I don't really care. I like sex. I'm comfortable with my sexuality. Really don't give a shit.
    It is, of course, down to personal preference at the end of the matter. Keenly pointed out by Franki. ^ Everybody's different.
    Yes I would, but I wouldn't have my face showing.

If anyone wants to see what a hunk of burning love I am, they only need to ask.