Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fakin it

We're doing an article about faking orgasms, and it's time to let you lot have your say.

Is faking it generally a bad thing? If so why?
Is it occasionally OK to fake one?
Can you fake it convincingly?
Have you ever been caught out when faking an orgasm?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Fakin it

Is faking it generally a bad thing? If so why?
    Yes, it is a bad thing because if your partner thinks they're doing something right when they're not, they're going to continue doing it. Ergo, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot by faking it.

Is it occasionally OK to fake one?
    Yes. When it's just not going to happen for whatever reason, but you don't want to upset your partner.

Can you fake it convincingly? Yes

Have you ever been caught out when faking an orgasm? No :D
  • Options
    I've faked it a few times only because I seem to have trouble cumming, I only do it as to not upset the girl and make her think its something wrong with her

I been caught out once and she seemed determined to make me "come" and was quite forceful with the little man :eek:

I would do the odd fake now and then, but sooner or later the truth normally comes out so it better to be honest in the long run, I knew I will try and be from now on!
  • Options
    It really gets my boyfreind going when he thinks im having an orgasm so i do fake them quite a lot so at least he has a good time even if im not!But then by doing that hes gonna be thinking that hes doing everything right when really he isnt.
    Ive never really been caught faking it so i must sound convincing!
  • Options
    Agggh .........

Yes it would seem that even us guys fake too!

Reasons for blokes faking is well, probably not as nice as the ladies, sometimes we just cant be arsed or have had too much to drink etc. Not everyone gets the brewers droop when drinking to much with me it sometimes has the opposite effect and causes the old boy to be up and a little desensitised.
    Great for the girl because you can go on and on, but boring for us cos it aint going anywhere !
    I admit I have only done this about 10 times and means you have to whip off the condom with out the respective laydee noticing the emptyness of the mac !

There must be other out there that have done the same????
  • Options
    I made the decision a long time ago that I would never, ever fake it, and I never have.

It doesn't help you or your partner to start with that nonsense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    It really gets my boyfreind going when he thinks im having an orgasm so i do fake them quite a lot so at least he has a good time even if im not!But then by doing that hes gonna be thinking that hes doing everything right when really he isnt.
    Ive never really been caught faking it so i must sound convincing!

Cinderella,
    Teaching him how to push your buttons will be fantastic for both of you. But after a path of such deception, you might want to take that process slowly so he doesn't work it out....
  • Options
    I would never fake it as I think it is down to a man to make sure you are satisfied therefore why would you want to lie!

My boyfriend knows exactly what to do (even though he's kind of ex now) and would be gutted if he didn't make me orgasm aand could tell straight away if I'd faked..

Saying that in my younger days I did once or twice but as you get older you feel you deserve only the best! :D
  • Options
    I would never want a woman to fake it. I like to know when Im getting it right though, and I love a woman to tell me EXACTLY what she wants me to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheMistress

Saying that in my younger days I did once or twice but as you get older you feel you deserve only the best! :D

*applauds*

well said...

:D
  • Options
    Murtle the turtle

I would be disappointed if I thought someone was faking, there is no point really if a bloke is not doing the right things you should tell him, I know I wouldnt mind any constructive critism. I am here to pleeeease lol

(*hopes wont see a post for obviouslyblonde* lol) :eek:
  • Options
    If a girl was faking it and i didn't know, i would continue to what i was doing so then the girl wouldn't be satisified. But then it would be her fault for faking it :D
    hmmmmm.......
  • Options
    Just dont fake it - i would rather know if i was doing a good job and deserved the accolade that I made a girl cum.

HOWEVER - for the reasons CrazyRedEyes mentioned I have faked it once or twice (even sober...)... normally I can concentrate on something horny and make myself cum.

So is thinking about someone/something (as in positions or scenes..) else bad too???

And yes I can convincingly fake (I even *cough* peed a little bit into the condom whilst still inside her erect - thats hard work - to make it convincing as in fluid in the condom)

And yes I have been caught but it seemed to set the girl a challenge and a sex fest ensued next time we met up...
  • Options
    also i have been accused of faking it sometimes because Men can have ejeculation-less orgasms by exercising their PC muscle regularly and practising to clamp it tight when near to coming... you get the orgasm without the mess!! I can only do this rarely though... but it makes for awesomely intense orgasms!!
  • Options
    I've never had a boyfriend just ons, and I've also never had a real orgasm when I was with a man (which was just about 7 or 8 times). Maybe because I can't relax enough. But I don't care - I enjoy it even without an orgasm.

Sometimes I've faked it because I don't want the boy to feel bad. When I don't fake it they mean that they have to excuse "I'm so sorry ..." and so on :rolleyes: I hate this. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

I don't know if I'm convincingly . I've never asked :D
  • Options
    ive never faked it but i have 'exagerated' it. Ive done this mainly because im not very vocal when i orgasm so my bf doesnt always know
  • Options
    I generally don't see the rationale in faking it. The women would never get truly fulffilled or satisfied, whilst the man believes he is perfoming well when he evidently is not.
  • Options
    I would be disappointed if I thought someone was faking, there is no point really if a bloke is not doing the right things you should tell him, I know I wouldnt mind any constructive critism. I am here to pleeeease lol

S'all good :)
    (*hopes wont see a post for obviouslyblonde* lol)

u will but not a negative one lol:p
  • Options
    Faking is a very bad idea in general. Sex isnt supposed to be a one "man" sport:/
    It can be loads of reasons why for instance females dont get an orgasm. Sometimes even because her mind pops out a sec and starts thinkin of things that isnt related to anything suitable in bed:p
    tho, ive had 2 partners that faked it (i would dare to say no more) and caught both of em....
    tho, instead of faking it, tell your partner whats wrong.
    This makes your partner become a better lover, also makes yourself have more pleasure in it.
    Im dissapointed if my gf dont come. Im glad she dont fake it, cos that would make the entire thing so wrong. And i think that i would loose interest for it if she didnt tell me the problem (if there at all is any). The most important thing when having sex is to make her come. Thats what i enjoy. If i dont come, I can live with it, cos i know i will next time:D (sometimes it may be cos im stressed, drunk, and whatnot)

If you trust your partner totaly, dont fake! you WILL pay for it yourself. for ONS, fake all you want. Its idiotic anyways :p
  • Options
    So, has anyone here ever faked it and been caught?
  • Options
    I've never come, but every time I have sex with a different partner they are convinced that I have.

:rolleyes:

I don't think twice about doing it anymore..!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    So, has anyone here ever faked it and been caught?

How can you 100% get caught out though? Your partner can only suspect that you didn't come?:confused:

When my ex left me for another woman, I told him that i'd never really come. He didn't believe me. Anyway, we had 'ex sex' and he was convinced that i came that time too! :rolleyes:

I give up!;)
  • Options
    Sounds like you are givin it up to guys who dont have a clue how to please a woman.
  • Options
    My sentiments exactly clandestine, I've never faked it n never would, cos whats the point? If a guys not gettin it right, then tell him what to do, it hasn't got to be patronising, or make him feel like shit, but a guy should b able to take constructive criticism n lets face it, noone can fake it THAT well.... I mean I know I can't make myself shiver n lose the feelin in my legs at the drop of a hat ... so he'll benefit from it too.... same goes for guys tho - if I wasn't pleasing a bloke in bed, I'd want him to point me in the right direction, n wouldn't take it as an insult... just a learning curve :D