Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling stuck unhappy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Havent been on this in a while just been trying to sort myself out trying to make me feel better after a bad break up

For the past couple of months ive been feeling like im stuck its hard to explain its like im not happy with anything and when something or when I do something that makes me happy later feel sad I should actually be happy with my life right now but im not im seeing a girl who I like ive got a job and good friends so I dont no why im feeling like this

is there anyway to get over this feeling?

Comments

• Options
    Don't think we've spoken before so hey :wave:

Sometimes, we just have days like this, all of us. How long have you been feeling like this? Honestly, the best way to make yourself 'feel better' is to talk to people. Its sounds like you have a great support network around you which is fab so maybe try to have a chat with someone about how you're feeling and you might not feel so overwhelmed

Sorry if I haven't been much help haha
  • Options
    hey there :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down right now. :(

Breaking up is a really tough thing to go through and it can affect your for quite a while after the relationship has ended. It sounds like you have some really positive things going on in your life, I know it's hard, but if you can, you could try and focus on the things that do make you happy - like hanging out with your friends. What sorts of things did you like to do before?

It's such a cliche, but things do get easier with time. It's something that is so easy to say and the reality of it can be really tough, but I'm sure you will get through it :) you could have a look at this article, which may help you:
    http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/relationships/how-do-i-get-over-a-break-up-4176.html

If you are still struggling and finding you aren't getting enjoyment from things you used to like doing, then it might be worthwhile going to have a chat with your GP about how you are feeling. If you don't feel comfortable with that, then you might want to give Relate a call, they have a confidential helpline, or you could drop them an email and ask them to contact you that way: http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help/talk-someone

You might find speaking to a trained individual really helps you move on and into a much better and happier place.

Good luck with it all, and I hope things get better for you *hug*
  • Options
    mclovin69 wrote: »
    Havent been on this in a while just been trying to sort myself out trying to make me feel better after a bad break up

For the past couple of months ive been feeling like im stuck its hard to explain its like im not happy with anything and when something or when I do something that makes me happy later feel sad I should actually be happy with my life right now but im not im seeing a girl who I like ive got a job and good friends so I dont no why im feeling like this

is there anyway to get over this feeling?

It's extremely hard to say, since the origin of this feeling is unknown to us, and apparently to you. It could be just that your live - even though filled with good stuff - feels like groundhog day at the moment. sleep, work, eat, sleep, fuck, work, eat, sleep.

Maybe try to find past-times that fulfill you. The easiest and obvious answer would be training your body, but there are many things you could do that bring you joy.