Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What could I have done???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was on a train today for 2 hours, sitting looking down the aisle. A bit further along there was a girl, probably about 16 or 17 who I was really attracted to. She had everything I'd look for in a good looking girl - curly black hair, curvy figure, nice eyes, pierced belly button, tiny tattoo, etc. Anyway, I digress.

I was trying my best to flirt with her, looking her in the eyes mainly, and she was returning my glances (I think). Eventually, we got the the destination, and we both got off (npi), and that was it. I really wish I could see her again, but didn't have the courage to talk to her or ask anything, and have never done this kind of thing before.

So....what sort of things could I start a conversation about? And does anyone know anywhere else other than trains where I might meet someone like this? And don't say nightclubs, because I don't like them!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    you could say hi! talk about what your interested in. that normally helps or make a compliment or something about her.

you can meet people everywhere! not just night clubs like supermarkes and it town at a returant on the bus, anywhere!

im going to shut up now! hope i helped!

luv jai :cool:
  • Options
    You could've found something to say about her tattoo, or piercing, or clothes. Anything, just to make conversation. Maybe that could've led on to something else.
    Got to agree with your hatred of nightclubs. They're too damn noisy to chat up in - unless you know of any girls that like someone shouting and spitting in their ear! :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Hi is always good. I always say something stupid like "I hate trainw aits don't you?" and wait for a response. If she likes you she'll make the effort to chat back!
  • Options
    It seems to me that you just lack confidence.

And I agree with what others say. You can find girls in many places, not just night clubs.
  • Options
    Well, the direct approach probably works. One time a girl on a train just came up to me and said "excuse me this may sound silly but do you mind if I ask for your phone number". So I said sure no problem and asked her why and she said she was trying to do one difficult thing a day. Approaching me was the difficult thing for that day.

Come to think of it I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not really. :D But anyway the point was it works.

Of course it's probably easier for a woman to do that than a guy.
  • Options
    you could try going 2 evening classes in college or uni or sumthing, there's usually nice girls there
  • Options
    I'm the same as you, I can't chat to girls.... I’m slightly shy in that department, Once I’m over that hurdle I’m fine and everything go's pretty well

It's a learning curve you have to overcome it. Its easy for me to sit here and say start talking to her, "what's it matter if you make a dick of yourself, you’re never see her again". But you never think like that at the time and I have always bottle it in the past

I go to the nightclubs and I'm still shy in there, even after about 4-6 beers in me. But it does loosen me up a lot and maybe I'll let it be know I like her and I may try the old buy her a drink routine and pry it works (I've only ever done it twice and both times didn't work)

Just ask a few girl how they would like a boy to start talking to them that they have never met before! :p

Just keep smiling and try keeping eye contact, but don't do it to long otherwise you may look like a freak