Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm having a bad night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.

I just gave all my knives, pills and alcohol to somebody, and now I'm awake. I'm panicky. There is an extra person in my head. I can't hurt myself in the ways I normally do. I've taken an antihistamine to help me sleep but I can't. I'm scared. Everyone I know is asleep or out doing something. I don't have any credit to ring someone like one of my sisters or the Samaritans or the crisis team. I don't know what to do.

Please help me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey!! Hope your okay :( are you still up?! If so Samaritans do have a texting number if you have texting credit!! :) or there is chidline?! Maybe call them it's freee! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also have you through about listening to music orrr doing something you like to take you're mind off it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Grace,

Seems like last night was a pretty difficult one. It's impressive though that you had the presence of mind to give the things you could've hurt yourself with to someone. That shows some real self-knowledge and strength!

Hearing people in our heads must be really scary. Is this something that's happened before or happens regularly? You may have visited these guys already, but Voice Collective is a great place to get info & advice.

For future reference, you can also call Samaritans for free on: 116123 :)

Were you able to get some sleep in the end? Let us know how you're doing :)
    Thank you for letting me know the freephone number for the Samaritans, I didn't know they had one and I rarely have enough credit to ring them. I got my knives and stuff back today and the second I did I harmed myself. I'm really upset with myself.

There's another voice that appears when I'm panicking, normally to tell me that the reason I'm panicking is completely real. She's very rational, but rational in a bad way.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I wanted to respond, but was clueless as to what I wanted to say, and wanted to offer you a listening ear, and a *hug*! Do you currently get any support with the voices, or is it something that's been triggered recently? Why did you get your negative behaviour stuff back?
    I get CBT through my university, but there's very little funding, and I have my last session next week. I'm on the waiting list for NHS therapy but I have three house moves coming up so nothing's going to come up from that until october or november. The crisis tem said I could ring them back after they discharged me a couple of months ago, but I don't feel like I'm in a crisis. I feel very little right now. It's been a problem for a long time but she's getting louder and louder now. I don't know why. I got my things back because the guy I gave them to had left his door unlocked when he was out and I couldn't resist myself.