Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So angry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying:Can Anyone Help With A Dilemma That I Have ...

after my ex was arested and charged finally after a year of stalking ,harassment,etc ...the police have admitted to me that they made several mistakes in that year ..the most obvious one been that they released him out on bail no less then 6 times ! They actually said to me that he should have been kept in prison on remand awaiting the trial that has just gone !! I AM ANGRY ,SO VERY ANGRY !It was because of this that he was able to assault me with a baseball bat and i am so bitter .....can i make a complaint even though he has just been found guilty ? I think the police owe me a huge explanation as to how they screwed up so badly ..so many times ;(

Comments

• Options
    Ok ,so this is what i was told

by a DVU officer "I do like my colleagues ,but sometimes they can be right pratts and this is one of those times ,and tbh if i was you i would make a complaint about the way this whole scenario has been handled " unquote ....so where do i go with that ? I am not wanting to draw blood ,but i would love to know how the decisions were reached regarding each arrest and each bail decision ?
  • Options
    Hi there Bubbles123,
    Sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time at the moment but glad you are finding the space on the boards to vent your frustrations.

WhoWhere has given some good advice about the role of the police and CPS/court when deciding on whether to remand someone so it's worth thinking about what your complaint is about.

You can make a complaint to the police about the way they handled your case. This page on the Independent Police Complaint Commission's (IPCC) has some useful information about how to make a complaint.

If you feel you need someone to talk to about this, then you can call the Samaritans on 08457 909090.

:)