Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My ex was found guilty of ABH,breaching a non molestation order,harrassment and stalk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just been through a year of hell to say the least ! I split up with my ex when i found out he was cheating on me via sex texting ,oh the shame ! I told him to leave our home in which we had shared for 3 years ,and to basically never contact me again ! Within a few days he was begging for forgiveness and i accepted his apology :( But the abuse that i endured from then on was horrendous ! He beat me and broke my fingers ,he stole my phone on several ocassions,he humiliated me in front of people on a regular basis ,deprived me of sleep and i lost my job as an ambulance driver ...my life was hell ! He eventually left after i got the police involved and the rest is history ! He stalked me ,he harassed me,he sent filthy videos of himself to my kids ( be it they are adults) and generally caused me a huge amount of stress :( I eventually got a non molestation out on him and thought, with the polices help, that would be it ! Not so ..he manipulated people into thinking i was lying about the abuse i recieved and suddenly my name was mud ! He then went on to breach the non molest order and also attacked me in the meantime ...the trial has just ended and he was found guilty ! I am still on edge as sentencing is not due for another fortnight whilst pre sentencing reports are given .I also have another trial in August with him and was wondering if this will be brought up in pre-sentence reports ? My nerves are in bits and it has been a harrowing year !

Comments

• Options
    Sorry you had such a shitty experience with this guy. I am glad you are taking legal steps against this piece of poo. That at least gets the people he convinced (I would say those are worthless people anyway, but I digress) thinking when he gets sentenced. I have no answer for your question, but I am glad you found the strength to help yourself.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for replying :) I guess i just want him out of my life ...and yes people are nowing taking a dim view of what he has actually done to me ..beating me with a baseball bat will be the last time he hurts me ! Thank you again ..
  • Options
    Hi Bubbles,

What a year you've had. This sounds really really tough on you and on your kids too.

I was wondering if you'd had any contact with Victim Support at all? They have a supportline that you can call that's open 7 days a week.

They could be a good source of support over the next couple of weeks while you're waiting for the sentencing. Have you got much other support at the moment in terms of friends or family?
  • Options
    Ho Jo ,i have actually been asked if i want to go to a refuge for a while ,or at least until sentencing is over .I am reluctant to do this as it still leaves my kids vunerable ( not that they are scared ,far from in it in fact ,i think they would hurt him if they saw him !) .so i have declined ..but i do have some great friends who have stood by me ,i guess they are sick of hearing about it by now though ...I apreciate your reply ..i am just so waery now ,i am scared he will not get prison and will still be out and about :( I have information on him regarding his job that is just so wrong ..i want to tell all but it is huge ! I am getting into a pickle about this info and really don't know what to do ..he is sleeping with his boss now and i am sure she knows what he is getting up too, but turning a blind eye as she is infactuated with him despite knowing everything as she was at the trial and heard everything !!
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hi Bubbles,

What a year you've had. This sounds really really tough on you and on your kids too.

I was wondering if you'd had any contact with Victim Support at all? They have a supportline that you can call that's open 7 days a week.

They could be a good source of support over the next couple of weeks while you're waiting for the sentencing. Have you got much other support at the moment in terms of friends or family?

I spoken to them they really help full
  • Options
    Bubbles123 wrote: »
    Ho Jo ,i have actually been asked if i want to go to a refuge for a while ,or at least until sentencing is over .I am reluctant to do this as it still leaves my kids vunerable ( not that they are scared ,far from in it in fact ,i think they would hurt him if they saw him !) .so i have declined ..but i do have some great friends who have stood by me ,i guess they are sick of hearing about it by now though ...I apreciate your reply ..i am just so waery now ,i am scared he will not get prison and will still be out and about :( I have information on him regarding his job that is just so wrong ..i want to tell all but it is huge ! I am getting into a pickle about this info and really don't know what to do ..he is sleeping with his boss now and i am sure she knows what he is getting up too, but turning a blind eye as she is infactuated with him despite knowing everything as she was at the trial and heard everything !!

Soery to hear waht was going on :( good that u got tge police Involved have u told the police what he done to u. Ur being so brave well done :) keep us poated we here for u xx
  • Options
    Soery to hear waht was going on :( good that u got tge police Involved have u told the police what he done to u. Ur being so brave well done :) keep us poated we here for u xx

Have you read the original post?
  • Options
    Yes the police know everything ,he has just been found guilty ...thank you :0
  • Options
    and tbh ..the quote "Don't cry because it is over ,smile because it happened "...no i cry because it happened ,i can now smile because it is finally over ! Thank you all the same !
  • Options
    Bubbles123 wrote: »
    and tbh ..the quote "Don't cry because it is over ,smile because it happened "...no i cry because it happened ,i can now smile because it is finally over ! Thank you all the same !

It's my signature, it comes up on every comment I post.
  • Options
    Oh ok ...:0 Nice quote given any other situation lol ...:)