Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You drive me crazy: Should you deal with the annoying habits or embrace them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the article http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200903/youre-driving-me-crazy it talks about the annoying habits of your partner. The drinknig out the milk carton, leaving socks over the floor etc. But what do you do- you love them, but should you conform, confront or ignore these habits?

Comments

• Options
    In the article http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200903/youre-driving-me-crazy it talks about the annoying habits of your partner. The drinknig out the milk carton, leaving socks over the floor etc. But what do you do- you love them, but should you conform, confront or ignore these habits?

depends entirely on the bad habit. I don't like drinking out of the cartons, because the contents can go bad earlier because of bacteria from your spittle backwash. I don't care about socks on the ground unless they already form a swamp you must wade through. If my partner were to shit in the corner of the living room, then I would confront her.
  • Options
    Ok best example, what do you do if they it hilarious to wipe your face up and down when you are watching a movie and they keep falling asleep on you but they don't want to move when you wake them up?
  • Options
    I think that I can live with the former but the latter drives me nuts, I think that I should talk to him but how would people go about this as he has 'got away' with it for ages:/
  • Options
    Like I said, if I don't like something (especially done to me) I bring it up. If she rubs her hands in my face for a joke I tell her to stop that, as it is annoying. If someone falls asleep on me and it is uncomfortable for me I either slip out and find another seat, or if she wakes up tell her to please lie down the other side. There is no "getting away with it", don't be such a doormat. If you don't like if someone does something to you, make it stop.

The socks on the ground thing is different as I am not the tidies myself, so I can't really say something there (except it gets really bad), but for shit like jokingly punch someone, or what have you. No, if I don't like it, there is no "embracing" if someone is annoying you.