Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting over a crush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

I'm just looking for some advise because I seem to be a little bit stuck.

I really liked this guy but over the last few weeks (due to reasons I'm not sure of, although I know he's having family issues at the moment) things have cooled off but instead of giving him his space, I can't seem to get over him. Instead I'm constantly texting him and then feeling really sad when he doesn't!

We are both going to be attending a conference in a few weeks and I will get the opportunity to talk to him but I need to be over him by then.

Has anyone had this issue before? How can I get over him and stop myself from trying to get in touch with him? I know it's not going to work now but I need to be over him!

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    just try fill your life with other things just now, so you wont think about contacting him ... go out with friends or watch some tv with the family :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Yep - avoiding the person and finding other things to do are the best ways of getting rid of a crush. If you never became that involved with this guy then hopefully it shouldn't take too long for your feelings to subside :)

Edit - realised this is probably the guy you talked about in the other thread. Try to think that whatever may have happened physically between you doesn't imply that there'd be a deep lasting emotional connection.
  • Options
    Hi Welshgirl1990
    As well as distraction, have you tried relaxation, having a girls night (movie, icecream, nail painting etc) or having a massage?

It seems from your post that your happiness has become contingent on his texts, which seems OK when he is texting but feels awful when he isn't. Try to remember how you felt happy before you meet him, what do you do for fun?

Also it may seem really tough but try to think that whilst he may be really busy, it is his loss not yours if he doesn't respond to your texts.

Think of the period from now til the conference as time for you rather than time waiting for him to respond.