Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Back to work interview. Advise needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I recently started a new position and while I love the role, I hate the company I work for. I was forced to take some time off because I had an operation. I have letters to prove to them. I've been told that I have to have a "back to work interview". I'm due to go back tomorrow, but I'm still not feeling on hundred per cent (the operation was only yesterday) and with hindsight it would have been best for me to have gone back in Monday. I m in agony and still exhausted.

I don't want to risk my position, so how do I go about this? Ideally if someone has a way with words a draft email explaining that I am worried but need that extra few days.

Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you turn up to the back to work interview and tell them that?

They're very standard if you've been off for more than a couple of days, the idea being that it makes sure you're ready to come back and factor in if any adjustments are needed.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you, it all worked out fine and thank you for reassuring me!

I didn't go in but I was still worried about Monday and it's made me feel better that you stated they were common practice.