Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Distraction Ideas :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

As I can't find a relatively new post on distractions ideas for anything from mental health difficulties to just general distractions thought id start a thread for everyone that might help others :)

I know I have difficulty sometimes looking for distractions when I feel like self harming or drinking here's a few I use, I don't forget to add your own :)

1) watching something on TV I'm told something light and funny but for me I can't stand those comedy shows I spent too long on night shifts watching them they drive me insane! I love bad girls or musicals!

2) writing a letter to yourself or keeping a diary with things in about what's going on for you get it off your chest sometimes I go outside and burn them let them flame away.

3) speaking to someone doesn't always help but in crisis when you get a good person it's amazing what a general chat can do for you.

4) crafting, painting or arts hard to concentrate sometimes but can be a quick short relief

5) SAying STOP imagining the big stop sign and repeating to myself especially for voices if they aren't too bad helps but not always

6) self soothing- use your five senses your favorite smell, soft toy, visual photos of family and friends etc

Those are just a few that help me when I'm struggling, so go ahead and add your own :)

Sending hugs out to you all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments