Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cyclothymia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello guys :)
Yes I disappeared recently, not that I was around much anyway, but I've been incredibly busy.
I ended up going to the doctors after my counsellors advice. At the appointment the doctor said that it sounded like what I had been experiencing for a year was either depression or cyclothymia. However she couldn't offer me a diagnosis because the appointment ended up whilst I was in a "stable" period. So all we can say is it COULD be.
Now I have to go back if I get the signs again and then they will further try to diagnose me, I also have to track my moods to help this should I need to go back.
I also had some blood tests done and they suggest I have polycystic ovarian syndrome also.

I knew for a while before the doctors I was going through cyclothymia. I matched up my symptoms a number of times and told people my concerns but no one really believed me and many told me to shake it off, that was until it got more serious... even then people where beginning to moan I was making it up.

So I'm at the point of I could be struggling with cyclothymia but can't be diagnosed yet. And because I haven't felt normal for a year now until recently, it's odd feeling normal me again and I'm getting confused as to how I'm feeling.

Hope everyone is doing okay, anyone's thoughts on the above would be greatly appreciated!

Jazzmaraz :)