Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Expert Chat: How to have a successful interview - Wed 7th May, 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

On Wednesday 7th May from 7-8pm we'll be joined in chat by YouthNet's very own Jade Stapleton. For those of you that don't know, YouthNet is the charity behind TheSite.org :)

Jade has a wealth of experience on being an interviewer and an interviewee. If you're currently on the job hunt and looking for some tips on how to prepare for an interview, what you might get asked and what interviewers are really looking for then come along and pick Jade's brain! :yes:

A bit more about Jade...

jade_stapleton.jpg

Jade's career started in Melbourne, Australia as a book seller and after moving to London she worked in a bar, a fabric manufacturers, a fashion distribution company, and then temped for about a year in the not for profit sector before finding YouthNet. Since starting at YouthNet she has had a range of different roles from receptionist/admin to strategy and development.

Part of Jade’s role is to recruit and retain the people that make YouthNet a great place to work and she has had loads of experience working alongside managers to find the best people for the team!

How will the chat work?
Come along and ask Jade your question - I'll be hosting the chat and holding questions in a queue so that Jade can answer them one by one so that everyone gets a good chance to benefit from Jade's advice. You're all welcome to chip in too with tips and suggestions from your own experience :)

When the chat is open you'll be able to log in from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

If you can't make it but have a question then why not start a thread in the Work & Volunteering forum or PM your question to me and we'll ask it on the night if we have time and let you know what Jade says.

See you there :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What a bummer I can't make this!! Sounds fab!! Have fun guys :)
    Aww, shame you can't make it Rach!

This is happening tomorrow (Wed) everyone :hyper:
    Heyy!! :D

I'm defo coming!!!! :hyper:

I cant wait :D

Saraaa :)
    Is there a chat tonight?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Is there a chat tonight?

Support chat will be happening as normal, straight after this expert chat ;)
    This is TONIGHT! :d
    Shame i won't be coming to the expert chat

BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Shame i won't be coming to the expert chat

Is there a question you'd like to ask? Let me know and we can pass on the advice to you here or via PM :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Is there a question you'd like to ask? Let me know and we can pass on the advice to you here or via PM :)

Sorry didn't see this until now. Thanks for the offer though :)