Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to make myself look prettier...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

I know its a really hard question to answer and would be really hard to make me look pretty but I'll try anything
I'm really pale (everyone says I'm an English rose...) And wear minimal make up - mascara and foundation. I have a baby face as well which doesn't help. I'm 17, nearly 18, and I look about 12!

Any ideas on what I could do?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Rather than make up and stuff, maybe it's about working on self esteem?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Working on my self esteem won't help me get a bf :( I'm nearly 18 and never been in a proper relationship. Feel stupid

BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Working on my self esteem won't help me get a bf :( I'm nearly 18 and never been in a proper relationship. Feel stupid

Yes it does. It actually does so way better than any make-up could do. Come back to me if you can't figure out why that is by yourself.

Anyway, tips for better appearances:
    weight/body form: sports, be sensible about what you are eating.
    face: acne? see a dermatologist, crooked teeth? dentist, light make-up that suits your skin tone.
    clothes: Do they fit? Are they flattering?
    posture: walk/sit upright (that does a lot to first impressions)
    Two things I find help a lot if you're pale - blusher and lipstick, they put more colour back into your face. Smokey eyes can make a baby face look older, but don't use black - browns and greys are better, and keep lips fairly neutral when playing up the eyes.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Yes it does. It actually does so way better than any make-up could do. Come back to me if you can't figure out why that is by yourself.

Anyway, tips for better appearances:
    weight/body form: sports, be sensible about what you are eating.
    face: acne? see a dermatologist, crooked teeth? dentist, light make-up that suits your skin tone.
    clothes: Do they fit? Are they flattering?
    posture: walk/sit upright (that does a lot to first impressions)

Yeah I don't get it. Sure guys like a confident girl but they also like pretty ones. Not like me. There's this guy I really like in my English class. He's sooo nice but the bad thing is... I've never spoken to him. He's so funny though... Sorry I'm going a bit off topic!
    What do you mean by sport form? I'm really quite healthy with food and only eat one meal a day (want to lose weight). I get the occassional spot but haven't got acne, thankfully, and I wear braces. My clothes are quite baggy because I feel fat in anything else

Thanks for you help
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Two things I find help a lot if you're pale - blusher and lipstick, they put more colour back into your face. Smokey eyes can make a baby face look older, but don't use black - browns and greys are better, and keep lips fairly neutral when playing up the eyes.

I always thought lipstick made my face look paler... But I do wear blusher sometimes
    Thanks for the help
    Yeah I don't get it. Sure guys like a confident girl but they also like pretty ones. Not like me. There's this guy I really like in my English class. He's sooo nice but the bad thing is... I've never spoken to him. He's so funny though... Sorry I'm going a bit off topic!
    What do you mean by sport form? I'm really quite healthy with food and only eat one meal a day (want to lose weight). I get the occassional spot but haven't got acne, thankfully, and I wear braces. My clothes are quite baggy because I feel fat in anything else

Thanks for you help

Eating one meal a day will just make you lethargic and make you even paler. You need to be eating 3 small meals a day, drinking plenty of water and exercising. No guy wants to date a stick thin girl with no energy who faints all the time.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been due to my physical disability, and I found myself the most lovely guy. You know what attracted him to me - confidence! Guys that are worth having around care more about your personality than your weight. Yes make up is great (and it depends on the colour of your lip stick - paler colours make you look pale), I used to feel like it was war paint especially when I wasn't having a good day, but it's not a miracle worker, it's only going to enhance what you already have.
    Yeah I don't get it. Sure guys like a confident girl but they also like pretty ones. Not like me. There's this guy I really like in my English class. He's sooo nice but the bad thing is... I've never spoken to him.

Here is where confidence comes into play. How do you think he can become your boyfriend if you haven't even talked to him? All you try is be pretty and hope he notices you. And then? Will he just look at you like a picture all day because you are so pretty? or do you have anything worthwhile to say to him? Can you speak up for yourself, challenge his ideas and opinions?
    I let you in on a secret: While looks obviously play a role in attraction of potential partners, every girl I will ever be with also must be interesting enough to be my friend. I.e. I still want to spend time with her even if I could not do anything with her that bf/gf do. A girl that is pretty might stimulate my dick, but if she does not stimulate my mind she is like a toy that gets boring quite fast. Confidence is sexy. Once you stand to what you have others will like you for that too. If you are ashamed of what you have, nobody will like it.

Also many of my friends are together with girls I do not find overly attractive on first glance, but are interesting beings. I do also know quite a few pretty girls who rarely never have long-lasting relationships, because they don't believe in themselves or their qualities they have.

Thanks for you help

You might have heard or witnessed that sporty people usually have a more attractive physique. Weight as in a number is a bit useless, because muscle weighs more than fat. There are skinnyfat people (thin limbs, no chest, but a belly) that weigh less than someone of the same height with a modicum of muscle tissue because he does sport. Being thin like in being emaciated is not very sexy and not very well sustainable. You will feel like shit, because of the changes your body goes through by depriving it of nutrients (not going into more detail here now), and the pounds will just jump back on once you are fed up by starving and eat again.

I guarantee you, if you run everyday for 30 minutes and do a bit of core workout (lets say 15-30 mins again) and eat balanced meals until sated (NO SUGAR. so no sweets, no chocolate, no whatever snack bars) you will have a very attractive, thin, sporty body within 1-2 months.
    Losing weight in a proper manner requires work. There is no shortcut and no way around it. You will not be happy with the results you get from starving. If you are lazy, don't look to lose weight.
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Eating one meal a day will just make you lethargic and make you even paler. You need to be eating 3 small meals a day, drinking plenty of water and exercising. No guy wants to date a stick thin girl with no energy who faints all the time.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been due to my physical disability, and I found myself the most lovely guy. You know what attracted him to me - confidence! Guys that are worth having around care more about your personality than your weight. Yes make up is great (and it depends on the colour of your lip stick - paler colours make you look pale), I used to feel like it was war paint especially when I wasn't having a good day, but it's not a miracle worker, it's only going to enhance what you already have.

I guess what your saying is true but no matter what i do, no guys at college want to talk to me :/

StrubbleS wrote: »
    Here is where confidence comes into play. How do you think he can become your boyfriend if you haven't even talked to him? All you try is be pretty and hope he notices you. And then? Will he just look at you like a picture all day because you are so pretty? or do you have anything worthwhile to say to him? Can you speak up for yourself, challenge his ideas and opinions?
    I let you in on a secret: While looks obviously play a role in attraction of potential partners, every girl I will ever be with also must be interesting enough to be my friend. I.e. I still want to spend time with her even if I could not do anything with her that bf/gf do. A girl that is pretty might stimulate my dick, but if she does not stimulate my mind she is like a toy that gets boring quite fast. Confidence is sexy. Once you stand to what you have others will like you for that too. If you are ashamed of what you have, nobody will like it.

Also many of my friends are together with girls I do not find overly attractive on first glance, but are interesting beings. I do also know quite a few pretty girls who rarely never have long-lasting relationships, because they don't believe in themselves or their qualities they have.

But I'm not interesting :(

I guess what your saying is true but no matter what i do, no guys at college want to talk to me :/

Do you talk to them?? A lot of young guys are just as nervous and shy as you feel.

If you feel you aren't interesting, make yourself interesting! Find something that you're passionate about - whether it be art/science/politics/sport/philosophy/etc etc... People find passionate people interesting!

It sounds to me you need to do some searching to find out who you are before you go off searching for someone else. Life isn't all about having a relationship, friends are just as if not more important :)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Why do people think being pretty will get you a boyfriend? I don't want a boyfriend ... But they g after true girls ... the ones with a good sense of humour, down to earth, likes a bit of dirt ... not the plastic barbie type
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

But I'm not interesting :(

Then become interesting. Do things that you can be proud about and that you would like to share with others. Look for hobbies or things that interest you so you can talk about them with other people. Basically, develop interests that make you interesting.