Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
starting from yesturday i have felt like something has been wrong and now im starting to feel like im heading down the path i did two years ago and id dont know what todo i feel like crying and i feel like cutting so much i havent in 3 weeks but this week will be the 4th week i havent cut but the urge is there and im trying not to think about it and distract myself but its not working and the thoughts of suicide are starting to come back and all i can think about is what if i did something and ended up in a mental hospital i nearly ended up there once not again i cant.:crying:

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey willowtree,

Sorry to hear you're feeling that something is wrong. It must be a really scary thought that the same thing could happen again; last time must have been really difficult, so I can imagine that falling back into that place is not what you want to happen. Has something happened in the last couple of days to prompt these thoughts?

Maybe it doesn't feel like it, but you're probably in a better position now - you've been through it before, so you can recognise when it starts happening again.

What do you think could help you at the moment? It sounds like it's really tempting to panic a little bit - do you think trying to slow things down somehow might help?

Let us know how you're doing :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    at the moment im doing ok but the same thoughts are going through my head and they wont go im not sure y im coping this well to be honest i havent cut in 4 weeks which is good but i have been talking to my friend and he is going through the depression and anxitey and i have a feeling talking to him has triggered of memories and what has happened see im abit better than i was but its just a struggle now and i know whats happening which is good but i just want to cut and let it all out but i dont at the same time i need that release in away
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    4 weeks is great!! Well done :)

To me it sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of what's making you feel like this, which is really helpful. Supporting other people can be quite hard on us, especially if we've been through something similar. He's lucky to have you to talk to - it's lovely that you're listening to him. It's pretty important to be careful how much you take on.

We've got an article about supporting someone with a mental health problem that you might find helpful. Have a look.

Something that might make it a bit easier is encouraging him to find support from other places too, that way you can be one of many people he can talk to, making it a bit easier. What do you think?