Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Motivation and suggestions needed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not at work at the moment, and I haven't been for the last 6 weeks. To a cut long story short, I'm in a wheelchair and have been for the last month which has took some adapting to. It's not forever and I should walk again and hopefully be back to myself with treatment, as it's my heart that is not functioning and working how it should, but for the meantime the wheelchair is always by my side.

I'm at the hospital again on Friday, but the thing I'm struggling with the most today and have been for the past few weeks is boardam, I live by myself and although my friends are fantastic, they have work and commitments and my family live far away and do come up when they can and have been often since I've been ill but they have work too.

I've watched so much daytime tv it's ridiculous, read so many books and magazines, I just need things to do with my day? I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Can be serious to silly I don't mind, any suggestions welcome?

Big thank you in advance, hope everyone's okay :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Things I did when I was pretty much housebound (may or may not be of any use to you):

Learnt classical greek using self study text books - could be extended to something more useful like a modern foreign language, using a teach yourself type book and CD.

Got really good a Sudoku.

Uploaded facebook albums for the last couple of years worth of stuff, and tagged them all properly for the people, and put captions on etc.

Used that going through photos to get some printed to put in frames and on my walls

Also did some similar frames for friends for upcoming birthdays/events.

Handmade cards for upcoming family/friends birthdays/anniversairies (and when I say upcoming, I mean the rest of the year, and maybe the next year too if I came up with two ideas for a card for the same person).

Watched the whole of Greys Anatomy, from Episode 1 Season 1 to wherever it was up to at the time.

Got really good at painting my nails. Generally by painting them, getting bored relatively soon after, picking half of it off, then taking the rest off with remover and restarting the cycle several hours later.

Learnt to make meringues.

Updated my CV - one for brain numbing simple jobs, and one for career type jobs.

Alphabetised my books.

Alphabetised my Films.

Rearranged my books as they looked untidy in alphabetical order.

YouGov surveys - you actually get a tiny bit of money for these, and there are various other survey companies too. These can be quite good for filling time and not completely brain numbing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you so much Growls, your amazing :)

Hope your okay?