Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I wrote a letter to myself...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wrote a letter to myself... many moons ago... i found it the other day... it was asking myself how i was... what i was doing now... and had a list of my likes and dislikes at the time... and my dreams and aspirations... and a last point of my young self asking for advice.... on how to deal with what was to come...

Reading through it i thought back over everything and the only advice i could come up with is believe... believe that all will be good, and that you will be one of those who will create good... dont be afraid to dream... because if u believe and dream nothing is beyond you and you can do anything.

I wish i could go back and tell myself that i will be ok... i wish i could recieve a letter now from my future self as i embark my exams... i wish i could recieve a letter from my granddads... but i cant... but i know that the advice id give myself would be in both of those letters...
I dont know where my path will take me, all i know is im on an adventure, and that I will ENJOY it, I WILL experience things that others will not. and most of all I WILL make a difference... this time next year i plan on being in South Africa, helping to build a school for the orphans of Johannesburg. I plan in the future to learn sign language, i plan to take a counselling course alongside my uni degree in what ever i decide it may be, i plan to then work with the salvation army... I WILL make it through life... and i will make a difference...
The people around me have made a difference in my life... and i wish to do the same for others as they have for me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :) This made me smile. I write myself loads of letters! Its an amazing way to track your inner feelings and the way you really feel despite you not always writing them. I have ones from when I was 4 years old which was amazing to read on new years eve and cried! keep writing them because when your older or even in december time the letter you wrote means something totally different. I read one from when i was in Tanzania last summer a week ago, when I was looking through a book and what i wrote about what people meant to me and why, and who id like to thank for helping me it was different but the words said in that letter meant so much to me now.
    Another type of letter I always seem to write is when im feeling so low but dont know want to say anything or speak out, i just write words in a letter style and when you feel low if you re read the last letter, its been known to cheer me up simply because i remember i've got past it and I will again!
    I'm loving your advice from lil you! Something I might try doing now by writing a little advice/positive quote x