Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

GCSEs!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm REALLY stressed about my gcses and I just need some help :( I have mental health problems and I'm not that clever and I'm just completely screwed to be honest and its really getting me down :(

Heighdyhey
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Heighdyhey,

How are you? Warm welcomes to TheSite.org message boards, and it's great to see you already posting! - It's not uncommon to stress about GCSE's, it's a really intense time. We all have strengths and weaknesses in different subjects, and often only focus on ones that we aren't to great at, which can really have a negative effect on our own well being. Is their subject you think you enjoy? :)

Do you get any mental health support at all, for example counselling? I know GCSE's were a difficult time to get through alone, but I'm proud of you for reaching out, and you don't have to deal with it alone, do you know what most related to your GCSE's is getting you down? :)

Best wishes
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Just make sure you revise, do a little at a time and mix it up. Do a set amount of a subject you don't like as much then have a break doing something completely unrelated before doing another set amount of a subject you like more. Just try your best, if you can get to the night before an exam and say 'I've done enough for this exam I feel pretty prepared' then you're fine. If it goes horribly badly then, whatever, it was a difficult paper and you tried your best.

I can't stress the importance of revision though, my grades rocketed for my final exams cos I didn't really know how to revise in year 9 and 10. Don't know if I can mention other sites on here but Get Revising is brilliant. Loads of revision sources and you can set up a revision timetable that incorporates the lessons you do and set times for chilling out and stuff, I'm still using it for A Levels. Just try and keep calm if you can and just trust yourself that you'll do your best.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi WhispersOfTheHeart, thank you for your message :) I'm not great to be honest, but I'm trying. How are you? Thankyou :) Yeah, I guess you're right and yeah, I really enjoy German :)

Yes, I go to camhs and I'm on medication, but I don't find it to help that much :( Thank you. I'm just really worried about failure to be honest, I know its silly but I just want to feel like I'm actually going to have a future. I mean, what happens if I fail?

Thank you so much,
    Heighdyhey
    Hey Annaarrr!!

How are you? Thanks, I'll try to do that and I guess you're right. Yes, I use Get Revising and it was quite useful. I'll try my best, thanks so much for your help and good luck with your A levels :)

Heighdyhey
    Have you got a plan?

If not, it's worth taking a little bit of time out and making yourself a decent revision plan. Once you've got something to work to, a certain amount of the worry can be taken away.
    Yes, my sister helped me make a revision timetable, but she must think I'm like a hardcore warrior or something because she left me no time to relax and has me working until 11pm... I really must edit it a bit because it just demotivates me. Thanks for the advice!
    Needs to be realistic - max 6 hours studying a day. But that's studying, not starting, stopping, or getting into it. 8 x 45 minute slots for example. You can merge some together to do practise papers.
    Thanks so much! I'll definitely try to do that ;)