Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Please read, I dont know what to do anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, thanks for reading... i'm not really sure what I'm meant to say.. I haven't done this before but I really need help. I can't talk to anyone.
I have a mental disorder, its not a very bad one but I can't really function at the moment, and I'm losing the will to fight it. It seems pointless. I am on meds and have therapy but I'm not getting better yet and I really just want it all to end, I'm tired of fighting , I don't think I can keep going? Does it get better? Even a little bit? Please reply,
Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi FightTheseFeelings*hug*
    jennajike here I would firstly like to say welldone for coming forward and sharing your thoughts and feelings on the site. It can be really hard to express how you feel especially when you are feeling low . You say
    i'm not really sure what I'm meant to say.. I haven't done this before
    The important thing is that you have come forward to express how you feel.
    *hug*In
    you have said that you are being medicated and have support via a mental health practioner .It may be helpful if you return back to your practioner and let him/ her know how your feeling inorder that they may re-look at any support and medical intervention they have put into place for you.openess and honesty about how you feel will help.
    I hope this advise helps *hug*
    jennajike
    Hi ,Thanks for replying , if I tell my therapist I'm worried she'll be disappointed? I know I should have shown some signs of progress by now and I haven't. But I am pretending to so my mum will be happy again.
    I dont know what to do so I will try and tell my therapist, thanks for the advice
    Do try and tell your therapist how you have been feeling. Recovery isn't straight forward and your therapist will know that, she is not going to expect you to be magically better.

Therapy and medication can help. But sometimes it takes a while to find the right things that suit you and your illness.

There are other options if this therapy doesn't work.

Ami
    What sort of other options? I had 8 months of therapy and been on medicine for 3 months and it hasnt really worked its just made it easier to act like im ok? I still dont feel better on the inside though.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    The thing with therapy is that some things work for some people, and other things work better for others - so by telling her she can maybe try a different approach with you.

It took my 3 years of therapy and I was on medication for 5 years for me to get to the point where I can believe everything is ok and deal with it when things aren't.

Maybe if you can say what you think helps and what doesn't, your support worker can build on that?
    That's the thing everything is hard at the moment , I don't even want to get out of bed. My mum has to drag me out! I've been signed put of school on medical grounds for the last 8 weeks and they say I probably won't be back until September, even that isn't helping :( I just want it all to stop I don't think I can keep doing this? How do I sya that
    I meant how do I say that to my therapist? And thanks for the advice
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Maybe you could print this thread out? Or write a note and hand it to your therapist? Or email? Then it's out there, even if you don't say it verbally
    Thanks,I'm going to try that :thumb:
    Thanks,I'm going to try that :thumb:

Good on you :) Let us know how it goes. The thing with therapy is that being able to be open about exactly what you're feeling is what can really lead to progress - that doesn't mean it's easy though and it's natural to have worries about how they might react.

As Wonderwall says though, they will understand that recovery isn't straightforward and the more you work together the better it may help you.

Good luck!