Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First Time.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering what the best thing to do with my pubic hair is..
I'm about to have sex for the first time, and have no idea what he's going to expect from me! No one has ever told me what I should 'look' like down there and I know different guys like different things.
Do they expect/mind me to have some hair on the lip part? Or am I expected to be stripped bare of it all?
Girls what do you do?
Guys what do you want?!
I'm really ready to loose it, just nervous about this part.
He's also a lot more experienced than I am and I don't want to mess it up/ruin it!
What do I need to do?!

Comments

• Options
    Do whatever makes you feel most sexy! Personally I can't stand no hair but having some on the mound and none anywhere else works - but it's often different strokes or different folks. Do it for you not for him!
  • Options
    It's totally up to you, but if you really must know, i prefer it when the hair on and around the lips are shaved/trimmed.The mound is free for all. Shave a superman emblem into it.
  • Options
    I get rid of all mine, but that's because I don't like it. I've never had any real complaints when I've been too lazy to shave. Do what feels comfortable for you.
  • Options
    I prefer it completely shaven but everyone's different! Do what makes you comfortable 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Ok thanks..
    How do I get rid of all of it? How do I shave it all?
    Or if I keep some by the 'lips' how should that be?!
  • Options
    Hey savannahh, good to see you again :)

I thought I'd drop in a couple of useful articles from TheSite that might help...

Is my vagina normal? http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/having-sex/is-my-vagina-normal-3948.html

Am I too hairy? http://www.thesite.org/your-body/womens-health/am-i-too-hairy-7268.html

One tip from this ^ article is:
    Unfortunately, because we're 'supposed' to have it, there?s no snag-free way of hair removal. Whether you choose to wax, shave, use hair removal cream or epilate- ALWAYS follow the instructions and do a test first.

"Make sure you exfoliate and moisturise in delicate areas to avoid ingrown hairs," says Dr Sanjay. "And test any new cream or wax on an unnoticeable patch of skin first."

All girls have their own preference really so he probably won't be expecting anything in particular, what's important is that you feel confident about yourself down there so you're not worrying about it.

Some people like to just keep it tidy and trimmed so that nothing creeps out from around their underwear. Some prefer to wax the edges and maybe a bit off the top, some will choose to wax a lot more or even get the whole lot off. It's worth remembering with waxing that it might look a bit red/sore for about 24 hours afterwards so if you go for that then do give it some time to recover.

And remember, it's entirely up to YOU what you want to do - what would you be happy with?

This article on sex for the first time with a new person also has some really good advice that might help to calm the nerves :yes: http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/having-sex/sex-with-a-new-partner-3932.html

In particular this!
    Keep a sense of humour at all times, and if you fall out of bed or get cramp in your toes then laugh it off instead of getting embarrassed or worried. Even if you cringe at the time, it could be something you both look back on later with a warm fuzzy glow.

Good luck and let us know how things are going :)