Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wise to take a step back so I can move forward?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While Ive been thinking about a different different jobs I could do, it made sense to me to do something Ive enjoyed before and got experience in.

In my previous job I enjoyed the stock analysis part, monitoring whats in and out and ordering stuff, so doing a job like a buyer or stock manager makes sense. Im going to find out the route to this sort of thing and with my experience as an assistant manager Im hoping I wont have to start at the very bottom although Im willing to work my way up, and it makes sense to be working in a job thats in a related industry/company (not the one Im currently in)

Now my current job is probably the lowest position you can get in the company, but with moving to something like retail again would it feel like taking a step back almost but with the overall intended goal to move onto something better?

I feel like its a logical move to make, and hopefully with my AM experience i could maybe get a similar position and then work up from there? There is similar promotion opportunities where I am now but none of them interest me, at least with the other route I would feel vaguely interested and capable.

Comments

• Options
    I'm currently covering the buyer who left the company the other week while they find a permanent replacement. It's near Nottingham though so I'm not sure if you'll be interested. But if you are let me know.
  • Options
    Aww thank ballerina, that's sweet. Nottingham is a bit far though and I'm not sure if I would be qualified to do it yet.

If you have some time though could you maybe just message me about the job, what the tasks are, day to day life, up and down sides, I would be so grateful.