Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anti-social behaviour – Fixed penalty tickets?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, the news this morning; introduction of fixed penalty tickets for anti-social behaviour, cost £40 - £80, but the option of court if you wish to defend yourself.

Can see this being used against people smoking cannabis in public, myself!

Is this going to work?

Surely the majority of anti-social people are unlikely to play the game, leading to a massive backlog of paperwork & court cases.

[edited to add, it's a pilot in three areas]

Discuss…

Comments

• Options
    yet another one of the governments crazy ideas to make money... why is it that most of the English public are blind to why the government run these schemes?
    Duffy
  • Options
    hehe yer i guessed it is just another scheme for the government to get money.

People will always be disruptive when they are drunk, simply coz people are drunk. Now police will be hanging around pubs waititng for summit to happen instead of tackling proper crime
  • Options
    tony and gordon have obviously been smoking with the blind beggar and our mo. how do we tax this lads...come on we'll have to let em smoke it sooner or later but how to tax the stuff....issue them with tickets getting them to pay for carrying the stuff maybe.
    and we could have adverts on the back of em and the occasional special offer. like people who are expecting a lot of these tickets could bulk buy in advance and show one to the cops and have it stamped or something. yeh..lets try it see how it goes...."come on blindboy i could have rolled ten o them by now "
  • Options
    I do think that anti-social behaviour is a serious problem, we all know whats it like, you wander down any high street in the UK at 11pm on a friday and there will be people shouting, being sick, just generaly acting like twats.

I dont think fines are the answer though, I think it comes down to a change in attitude, we should try to work toward a situation where it people will get really embarresed if they did this kind of thing.

I think making them wear sandwich boards with something along the lines of "I am a drunken lout with a bear belly and a small penis" around the streets for a few hours would be a much better idea.
  • Options
    Nice idea bongbudda!

How about a 'Name & Shame' notice board in Town centres, with photos of the twats.

Same principle as the old stocks, but a bit more sane for this period in history.

:)
  • Options
    Well they do it in the US for drunken drivers and I think its a good idea, comunity service and most of the other things that are dolled out dont seem to work.