Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Relationships

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
I can't hack relationships ... I lead people on and i can't stop ... If i like someone i'll flirt, as you do ... but as soon as they want commitment i run and i don't know why, the thought of it just terrifys me, i don't want i tto keep happening but i don't know what i can do so i'm not so scared
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi BubblesGoesBoo

A lot of people do worry about committing to a relationship, and for many different reasons. There's an article on TheSite called "Afraid to Commit?" that would be worth having a look at.

Spending plenty of time talking about these things is always helpful - sharing this more with other people it might start to help you work out what you want and what might get in the way of that. Do you have any ideas about what sort of things scare you about being in a relationship?

It might also be worth thinking of what the idea of "commitment" means to you. Is it similar to other people's? Could there be different ways of seeing it? Maybe have an ask around (it would be interesting to post a new thread here too?).

Just taking things really slow can help too. If you can try and not think of making a massive commitment, but just spending time together while it works, then that can take a lot of pressure off. If the other person wants more it can help to explain that you like them (and why) but that you need time and would like to take things slowly.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    thanks, and i just dont want to be stuck to someone, like i need my own space, and i dont want to get hurt, and i don't want to hurt them cause i don't plan on staying here long, and yeahhh think i will start a thread to see what everyone thinks about commitment... thanks :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''