Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

medication

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok well im on antidepressants and for a long time i thought i didnt need them but i have just recently started taking them again they are working but the whole feeling i get isnt what i had before with taking the meds i dont know if its because i havent taken them in ages so they are getting use to my body again or what but .

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there WillowTree,

I'm afraid I don't understand your post fully, however wanted to drop you a line, and offer you *hug*'s! - Antidepressants have different affects on every individual, whether negative or positive, or even a Placebo effect. Which can also be affected by what Anti-Depressant you are taking, and the strength of it. You haven't mentioned what the feeling you had before was, and what feeling you're getting now, would you be able to tell us a bit more? :)

You could also return to your prescriber, and talk to them about the effects the antidepressants are having on you, if you are worried with how you're feeling now, when taking the medication. However, it could be your body generally getting used to the medication, so I would give it a 4-5 weeks, or so!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Maybe if they don't work this time you can speak to your doctor about getting them changed? Also did you stop taking them suddenly or was it gradually?
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''