Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I give up? My supervisor resents me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had joked around a lot before in an inappropriate way. Like about partying and joking about peeing on kitchen floor at home. I even once sang and danced with a guy coworker on the salesfloor. She even used to think some of it is funny. However, ppl talked **** about it and she just stopped liking me. I been here over 2 years and it was since a few weeks ago she resents me.

The only time I exist anymore was to be bitched at about what I'm doing wrong. Otherwise, I don't exist. She never answers my phone calls anymore when I have work related concerns. Mainly related to scheduling and what happened while I screwed around. Nor does she call me in anymore.

I strive to change. Yet, yesterday when a few ppl told me I kicked *** closing last night, I just feel empty. My supervisor will always hate me no matter what. Even if I stop joking around altogether, she'll still hate me for good. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    It is a tough one, first of all, are the calls (when you call her) on her personal number out of work or during the office during work hours? The reason I ask it makes a big difference,

As a Manager I get a lot of calls once I have finished work on my personal line, half the time it isn't a problem but one particular member of staff calls me at the tiniest of issues and even stuff that can wait, so thus I started to ignore his calls. sometimes if it's after work, people want to forget about it.

Is she being overly hostile to you in your opinion, the thing you need to remember is your supervisor or manager is not there to be your friend. they're there to make sure you're doing your job and the duties are being performed.

If you feel she is being overly hostile or has a problem with you, the best way to find out is to ask her. It seems to me you're unsure if she does have a problem or not.
  • Options
    She has her ppl call her on her personal cell phone number and takes their calls even on her days off. Yet, she ignores my calls even while she's working. My concerns are work related, like about schedule or about what happened between me and another coworker while we screwed around. In the latter case, I wanted to know if she's heard anything bad about me.

It's been a few days since my original post. She still resents me, but at least she's not doing schedule. Her assistant it. That's why I'm getting hours, I assume. I dread when she does schedule again (they alternate.)

I lost my will to live especially thinking of these days when she used to like me. I been cutting and starving myself. She likes everyone but me. I'm glad most other ppl like me just fine. She didn't admit she don't like me though. She voluntarily said she like me (I didn't ask her btw.) I just don't feel it's true. Is 2 years with the company long enough to take a leave of absence? I live in the USA, btw.
  • Options
    Firstly, I am sorry to hear the trouble you've been going through, Stress at work can be a big factor, especially when dealing with SH.

Can I ask why you feel the need for your supervisor to like you so much? Reading your posts it seems you strive for her to like you. If she said she does then there isn't a problem and maybe you just need to give her a bit of professional space.

Becoming attached to people in a position of seniority over you within a work place and start to cause problems as it blurs the lines between friendship and professionalism and from reading your posts the way you're writing almost seems like you're describing a friend rather than a member you work with.

Also, please remember not everyone will like everyone else, especially in workplace environments. Also, reading your previous comments it does come across that in the past you may not have acted in the best way which is suited to a workplace environment, ie messing around.

As I previous said, do you believe she is being intentionally nasty or unfair to you? It may be worth having a chat to her, not about her "liking" you but about why she is ignoring your calls or you feel you're not getting any hours.

If that doesn't help you could always look to take it to a more senior member. whether it is her manager or HR.
  • Options
    Things are fine now as of the past Friday. We get along now at least. Hopefully it lasts!