Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Looking for some Second Chance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the holidays last year, I did something really stupid that landed me in jail with (at one point during the case battle) 4 felony counts, and I was looking at prison time. I've never been in trouble like that ever- I'm a good person who does a lot of good things for my community and the country, in different ministries. Long court case story short, I was released after a month and placed on probation. All but one charge was also dropped. I had my higher power and an attorney second to Johnny Cochran, I swear. But not all before the case hit the media, and people that I've never met knew all about me. That's not nearly as hard to deal with as not being a human anymore. I'm subhuman because I have a felony on my record. Low charge allbiet, but people love to fixate on 'felony'. I know i deserve what I got- I won't deny responsibility. But I literally can't even get my foot in the door to regain a better life by volunteering. No one will take my applications to work for free, to be a good person again.it wasn't a violent crime, I didn't hurt anyone and I didn't steal anything. I was overstressed, had a hell of a bad week and I lost it.
For someone trying so hard to put their life back together, the right way, I can now see why so many criminals end up back in jail. There is no forgiveness, no second chances 'im sorry, let's start over'. I don't know how to live, since I'm essentially not allowed to anymore.
I've been hitting this wall for 3 months, since I got out. How can I even make anything of my life?! I did my time, paid the price. For personal reasons and stipulation s of the court, I cannot go into detail about the crime. But I can say that people say 'that's a felony?! I didn't know that'. Low class felony but yeah, evidently. If all I want to do rightnow is act out my favorite quote (be the change you wish to see in the world), do I not get to at least try and prove myself?