Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Worried for June

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Today I found out that I did worse in a mock (thats supposedly my strongest subject) than someone who is famed for being terrible at it. I know it's stupid and petty but I feel completely crushed. I'm supposed to be heading for Uni this year but at this rate I'm going to fail all of my exams, my teachers keep telling me I'm smart yet I keep doing badly and I won't be able to do what I want to next year. I really don't know what to do. I keep working but somehow the more work I do, the worse I do. Seriously, what am I supposed to do? :no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey meagain :wave:

Good to see you :)

Comparing your results with other people can be a bit of a bummer when you feel like you're not doing as well as you should be. However, it sounds like you're teachers have faith in you and that you're working hard which is a good place to be :yes:

It might be worth asking for a bit of time with one of your teachers to chat through anything you're struggling with or what they think you should be focusing on? Do you have any teachers that you'd feel happy to do that with?

Practice papers can be really useful for example or going over some of the things you felt stumped you in the mock and getting a good mate to test you on it?

I also just wondered if actually being in the exam room was a factor in this at all? I doubt many people enjoy sitting exams but I guess what I mean is do you find that you get anxious or panicked at all during the exam as that might stop you from doing as well and there may be some things you can do to help you?

There's a lot of pressure on you by the sounds of it so it's important to make sure you're looking after yourself too, getting into a good sleeping pattern for example and also making time to relax so that when you are studying you're feeling fresh and on good form. Is there anything else going on at the moment that might be distracting you?

We're here to try and help so let us know how things are going and keep posting and we'll see what else we can suggest. TheSite also has a section on study and exam tips that you might find useful to have a browse through: http://www.thesite.org/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips

:thumb:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    meagain wrote: »
    Today I found out that I did worse in a mock (thats supposedly my strongest subject) than someone who is famed for being terrible at it. I know it's stupid and petty but I feel completely crushed. I'm supposed to be heading for Uni this year but at this rate I'm going to fail all of my exams, my teachers keep telling me I'm smart yet I keep doing badly and I won't be able to do what I want to next year. I really don't know what to do. I keep working but somehow the more work I do, the worse I do. Seriously, what am I supposed to do? :no:

is all of the course based on the exam? or is some on coursework? You might be the same as a lot of people, they cant concentrate or get to stressed about exams, but do briliantley in coursework :) maybe speak to your tutor about it too, they may be able to help :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''