Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I go to the gym with a friend, and before we leave we weigh ourselves, as you would after going to the gym. Last time she saw my weight was about 3 weeks ago and I weighed around 9st 8lb. This week she saw my weight and I was 9st exactly and purely on that reason, she thinks I don't eat. Now she's pestering me every lunchtime about eating and of course when she asks me if I'm hungry and if I've eaten, I'm not in the mood for eating!!

She said she may tell a teacher or my parents because I'm starving myself when I'm really not!! I just get put off food when under pressure. Though it may seem that I replace meals with coffee I swear I do eat at times. I admit I do eat less than normal people but I'm on a diet...

She's just been on my case 24/7 this week and it's stressing me out. :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Do u think that she onley looking after u if ur consered about urself then I would tell someone

Here's a link don't know weather it will help u

http://www.thesite.org/your-body/fitness-and-diet
  • Options
    Hey Lottie,

It sounds like your friend is just worried about you. I just wondered, have you tried talking to her properly about it? Maybe explained to her what you have told us on here?

Someone directed me to Thesite's 'Fitness and Diet' page a little while ago, and it has a lot of useful articles and information on, which I thought might be worth a look. Here's the link.

Do keep us posted *hug*
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Lottie,

How are you? As strange as it is, I have a friend similar to you, however, me pestering her about her eating, as she's dropped to 9 stone, from strangely enough 9st 8ib. However, the thought of her loosing so much weight within the time we had last weighed ourselves (3/4 Weeks ago) it was actually rather worrying. Do you eat breakfast at all? Or even have something to snack on during lunch? It might be about reassuring your friend that things are okay, if you think the amount you're consuming is healthy. Can you see why your friends worried lovely? :) And if you are going to the Gym, your body will need more food, in comparison to not going to the gym, as your working your body exceptionally hard.

It might be worth chatting to her about how you feel about your eating, and reassure her it's okay at the moment, and coffee instead of meals isn't always a great substitute, as college can consume a lot of energy, for any student, so having some solid food, can really help you keep going. However, their isn't really much you can do, other than talking to her, and reassuring her, I do hope things will be okay :)

Look after yourself, best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Though it may seem that I replace meals with coffee I swear I do eat at times. I admit I do eat less than normal people but I'm on a diet...

I think this says a lot about her worry for you. How tall are you?
  • Options
    JavaKrypt: I'm 5"1

WhispersOfTheHeart: She's seemed to have picked up on the fact it annoys me so things are getting better :D

butterfly123 & bubbley-Heather: The links kinda helped but I think if I'd talked to her she would have picked up on it all earlier. But things are getting better between us
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    WhispersOfTheHeart: She's seemed to have picked up on the fact it annoys me so things are getting better :D

If you are 5"1, at 9 stone, it is still a healthy weight, as long as you maintain that. However, it's great to see things are getting better at the moment, do keep us updated on how you're doing, and look after yourself :heart: