Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weight loss question please help!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't seem to lose more than 1 lb a week at the max sometimes I don't lose any weight. I know all about the healthy eating and such so my workout is running 3 times a week 5.5 mph for anywhere from 40min to 80 min. and 3 times a week I do 2 different body parts for weights. so for all the cardio and such that I'm doing how many calories should I be eating, I mean I have been doing this for 1 month now and all I lost is 3lbs. I want to drop about 20lbs Please I NEED help. is this a normal amount of weight loss ? shouldn't I have lost more ??? I feel it will take forever to hit my goal weight I want to lose atleast 2 lbs per week.
my weight now is 139 and I'm 5'4"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is normal, slowly losing the weight is the best way to do it in the long term. It could be possibly that you're putting on muscle replacing the fat which weighs more. Have you spoken to your doctor to make sure that there's no underlying health issues?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi christopherieom Jennaflower here
    going over your post a healthy life style rather than a diet is always a good idea when tackling weight loss. Have you checked the National health Age and Weight Guide to see the recommended weight for your age ?The recommended weekly healthy weight loss is around 2lbs any more then relistically the weight you loose will not stay off
    However many people do not weigh themselves when staring exercising as muscel weighs a lot heavier than body fat ,therefore they choose to keep measurements ,this is a much healthier way of measuring a successful healthy lifestyle plan. Their is a lot of info around healthy eating ,exercise and body image on the " get info "part of our site. http://www.thesite.org/your-body/fitness-and-dietlet me know how you get on
    jenna flower